The Student Room Group

Help!!! Massive Mistake... Anyone??? Is It Too Late

I have made a horrible mistake, i submitted my UCAS in January (before deadline) and have just got my last offer, which is my favourite... However i have made a totally STUPID mistake. I have applied for a defered entry (2010) instead, i dont know why or how. WHat am i meant to do, is there any hope of changing it to 2009 entry.
Contact the university.
Get in contact with the university now!!!

Well done for getting an offer for deferred entry, even though you obviously wouldn't have mentioned anything about what you would be doing in your PS :p:
Reply 3
Will do, but what do i say? that i am so incredibly stupid that it was a total accident? I havent a clue what to say? and i am going to have to tell my parents first i guess (5min after running down to tell them that i got in)
Gah i feel so stupid now.
snorty_swirl
Will do, but what do i say? that i am so incredibly stupid that it was a total accident? I havent a clue what to say? and i am going to have to tell my parents first i guess (5min after running down to tell them that i got in)
Gah i feel so stupid now.

Ring them and explain the situation as it stands. You won't be the only one who's made a mistake on their form - I promise you! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Thanks :biggrin: I am just in a bit of a panic. What do you think my chances are ? (Bristol btw for a joint Psychology and Zoology course) Anyone else on here been able to switch after getting an offer?
Reply 6
snorty_swirl
Thanks :biggrin: I am just in a bit of a panic. What do you think my chances are ? (Bristol btw for a joint Psychology and Zoology course) Anyone else on here been able to switch after getting an offer?

A lot of people have been known to switch from standard to deferred entry, so there shouldn't be a huge problem doing it the other way. You won't know until you try anyway :smile:
Reply 7
Thanks everyone, have sent an email decided it was best to tell the truth rather than trying to hide my stupidity behind 'personal reasons' and/or 'finanical reasons'. Fingers crossed they dont decide that i am an utter moron/havent got space left :s-smilie:.
it doenst matter though really for 2010 entry as you could get a job and save save save and then you wont have to rely on your student loan so much.
good luck and well done anyway lol
xxx
Reply 9
snorty_swirl
Thanks everyone, have sent an email decided it was best to tell the truth rather than trying to hide my stupidity behind 'personal reasons' and/or 'finanical reasons'. Fingers crossed they dont decide that i am an utter moron/havent got space left :s-smilie:.

I hope everything works out for you :hugs:
Any replies?
Pepperoni
I hope everything works out for you :hugs:
Any replies?

Heya, thanks
Took them two weeks but they have replied and switched the offer to 09 :biggrin: I overjoyed + i got the reply on my 18th birthday so that was a nice suprise.
Congratulations :smile:
Aww congrats glad it worked out for you :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending