The Student Room Group

Oxford Chemistry Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
I really ought to have learnt by now... if a lab only takes twenty minutes, the chances are the write-up will take you until the end of time.
Reply 221
This is on transition metal electronic spectra. Evil inorganic.
Reply 222
True. It was a definite mistake, but the nice-looking organometallic synthesis hasn't been running for the last few terms, and I really didn't want to do any solid-state chemistry.
Reply 223
I imagine the junior demonstrator who used to run it has graduated, or something.
cpchem
I really ought to have learnt by now... if a lab only takes twenty minutes, the chances are the write-up will take you until the end of time.

Im finished inorganic and physical labs for EVER.

Yey.

You finished after your sign off in the ICL 3.45 tuesday?
Reply 225
Turdburger

Yey.

You finished after your sign off in the ICL 3.45 tuesday?

Unless everything goes to **** with your supp, I suppose :tongue:

... and yes, I am. Good stalking. Also, well done on reading my handwriting!
cpchem
Unless everything goes to **** with your supp, I suppose :tongue:

... and yes, I am. Good stalking. Also, well done on reading my handwriting!

If I actually fail I may as well give up with chemistry lol. Hoping its a 70% get a distinction year again.
Reply 227
Turdburger
If I actually fail I may as well give up with chemistry lol. Hoping its a 70% get a distinction year again.

It will be. If the exam is actually difficult this year, maybe you should pay Steve Davies an impromptu visit in the street again :tongue:
cpchem
It will be. If the exam is actually difficult this year, maybe you should pay Steve Davies an impromptu visit in the street again :tongue:

Assuming its not difficult itll make it all the more embarrassing when i dont get a distinction.

The Steve Davies thing is still a rumour as far as im concerned. I definatley got hit by a car, but the only people who say I "bumped" into Steve Davies are the same people who say I did a poo-poo in this guys bed -- which was confirmed to be untrue. -- They did also say the car thing which is why I cant totally write it off.
Anyone else feel like they are being institutionalized like the prisoners in The Shawshank Redemption?
I go away for 3 days and this ends up on its 4th page! Wow.....chemchat really *is* the life and soul of the party! :p:
Still hate valence just not as much....trying to do a tute sheet with no notes, lecture notes, or books on the oxford tube was an interesting experience!
Reply 231
This is the write-up from hell. Someone just kill me now.
Reply 232
I don't turn up to lectures, so (a) would be pretty useless :tongue:
Reply 233
Turdburger

Yey.

And you're only a second year *sob*

Really wish I'd done them all last year...
Kitsch

Might have a drive to finish organic labs by 2nd week Trinity. :eek3:
Reply 235
Kitsch

What have you got left to do?
Reply 236
cpchem
What have you got left to do?

Two inorganic (plus the computer lab - Karl Harrison, gah) and one organic. Plus a load of physical to sign-off. Not too bad, but they're so soul destroying...
Reply 237
The computer lab is a joke - if it takes more than about an hour, something's gone seriously wrong. I'm doing my last sign-off (UV/Vis in the ICL) today :biggrin:

Is it just a second year organic to do, or one of the evil third year experiments?
Hmm, yeah, I completely agree.

*hanging around here until Teebs and MSB stop testing my patience*
Reply 239
The comp lab should be easy, but I've heard the sign-off is ridiculously long, so I've been putting it off...

Just a second year organic :smile: and a couple of third year double credit inorg.
Labs in 8th week for me, joy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending