The Student Room Group

Oxford Chemistry Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Judging by the rest of them, he's probably just changed the font and redone the images.
cpchem
If anyone's got a copy of Goicoechea's 2nd Symmetry II handout, can you just check for me that it's the same one as on weblearn... I'm missing it and I'm not sure if it's the same since he took over the course. Ta!

Had a leaf through my folder. Turns out I actually have the Goiciocicochea version -- only one of the 4 i went to obviously.

Checked with the one on weblearn, only formatting differences
Reply 302
Awesome. Cheers guys :biggrin:
Reply 303
Does someone just want to check my logic here?
Lots of distinctions in Quantum this year.
Reply 305
Whoa, yeah. Impressive!
cpchem
Whoa, yeah. Impressive!

Sorry Im far too crap at Physical to verify your phys-squiggels. :p:
I'm ignoring physical for the next 2 weeks so refuse to look at ANYTHING to do with quantum. Inorganic is being done atm because it's all cute and fluffy!
Reply 308
Since when is inorganic cute and fluffy?
Ive decided as a "strategy" to not to bother revising Molecular Orbital Theory
I've decided as a strategy that actually understanding symmetry would be a good start.....argh.
Reply 311
tarnishedpenny
I've decided as a strategy that actually understanding symmetry would be a good start.....argh.

It is - after all, it's worth a tonne of marks on the miscellaneous question, and comes in oh-so-handy for I1 in third year, which you will almost certainly do...
I was thinking of doing O1 O2 and I2, is this a mistake?
Reply 313
Turdburger
I was thinking of doing O1 O2 and I2, is this a mistake?

I2 looks like masses of learning facts to me. If you can do some simple group theory, then you can do one of the I1 questions (vibrational spectroscopy) in almost no time.
tarnishedpenny

Congrats on Pharmacology :smile:
Reply 315
Still no Ar/Het results, I see... although they have at least confirmed our exam timetable :yikes:
cpchem
Still no Ar/Het results, I see... although they have at least confirmed our exam timetable :yikes:

Judging by last year, should be out around the 10th.
Reply 317
It felt like an age last year, it really did.
cpchem
It felt like an age last year, it really did.

Yey results released today.
Turdburger
Yey results released today.

Well done for the distinction - but seriously - if they give so many out isn't it a tad silly? I was nowhere near one in pharmacology so this isn't out of bitterness (and the same comment can be applied to quantum) but we were told that on principle he'd never give more than 30% distinctions as it devalued it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending