The Student Room Group

My hair is going crazy!

I swear, the older I get, the more out of control my hair gets! The volume is wayyy too much. It's ok for a night out, but not for work.

It used to be pretty straight as a kid and now it's going wavy and poofy and just not behaving itself!

After a shower I tend to towel dry, then use babyliss beliss hot air styler, and I don't tend to use products.

Is there anything I can do/stop doing to calm the size and straightness of my hair (without hair straighteners)? Do you think it's the hot air styler, or should I use some product? My hair is prone to get greasy so I'm wary of products sometimes.

Pleaseee help. My hair is like a banshee lol.
Reply 1
headbandix
I swear, the older I get, the more out of control my hair gets! The volume is wayyy too much. It's ok for a night out, but not for work.

It used to be pretty straight as a kid and now it's going wavy and poofy and just not behaving itself!

After a shower I tend to towel dry, then use babyliss beliss hot air styler, and I don't tend to use products.

Is there anything I can do/stop doing to calm the size and straightness of my hair (without hair straighteners)? Do you think it's the hot air styler, or should I use some product? My hair is prone to get greasy so I'm wary of products sometimes.

Pleaseee help. My hair is like a banshee lol.

Oh man, I have this exact same problem and would *love* to know the solution. It's just absolutely nuts ><
Reply 2
My hair has done the reverse - it used to be wavy and fluffy, and I have dedicated myself to combat my crazy 'mad professor' hair, and now it's more straight and less crazy, unless exposed to humidity.
Some solutions I found for disastrously disobedient hair:

- Using serum on towel dried hair - don't used too much as it will make the hair greasy, but a grape sized blob or slightly smaller should be enough for long hair - and use on the ends - this will stop too much frizzing. To avoid grease, shampoo hair twice.
- If you want straight hair without straighteners, you can blow dry it straight, but this takes practice. If you get a blow styling brush and place it under a section of hair (ie, opposite to the way one would brush hair) and sandwich the hair between the brush and the hairdryer and blowdry from the roots to the ends. The sandwiching will stop the hair going everywhere and flatten in somewhat, but it takes a bit of practice to do it well. As you blowdry this way, try to pull the hair slightly with the brush and dryer to keep tension - this will increase the 'sleek' effect.
-Combat Dryness - hair can be frizzy due to dryness, so using treatments or moisturising shampoos can help.
-Encouraging waves - you can also encourage waves in a less crazy waves by applying serum and let your hair naturally dry. If you let it naturally dry, there should be less frizz and volume.
Reply 3
Thank you Eien!
I dread to think what's going to happen to my hair in the summer... provided the english weather is nice lol.
i would imagine its something to do with the towel-drying personally!
Don't use any styling or whatever and use a hair mask every week. Get the right shampoo for your hair type, too - it's essential :biggrin:
Nice pic OP. Tiesto - Just Be :woo:

Latest