The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Dont know if you will get this as the thread is quite old..
Have you considered the part time route??
I am currently doing it, I work for a company and study 1 day a week at nottingham trent.
I get a good salary and my tuition fees are paid for, aswell as any expenses for studying ie books and stationery etc..

I can answer any questions you might have, just let me know!
Reply 2
are teh employment opportuntites quite good within qs.

and are the modulars hard ?
Reply 3
What do you mean by modulars??

Employment opportunities are good ye, there is a lack of QS' at the moment.. So you can leave a job today and have another one 2moro that sorta thing..!
Companys prefer trainees to go the part-time route rather than the full time route, because by studying part time you get the experience and the company can train you up specifically to how they want you to work..

Dont just go into the industry because of the wage tho, its hard work and very complex..
You've also got to have an interest in what you are studying and working because it can at times be very boring..
Reply 4
and i mean are the modulard hard ?
Reply 5
The modules I believe he means.
Reply 6
lol, modules as in what you study at uni??
In the part time route you do 4 modules -
> Law and Health & Safety
> Construction Technology, Measurement & Costs
> Architectural Science and Building Engineering Services
> Practice in the workplace

You will only generally use Construction Technology, Measurement & Costs in your actual job, however law comes into your work when you do things like contracts etc..

Practice in the workplace is something only part time people do, and is basically a self-made portfolio of the industry, ie what is an architect? what is a structural engineer? etc..

The work is as easy as you make it, but like I say you have to have an interest in buildings

Latest