The Student Room Group

Damn it!

I've been thinking about taking a gap year, and so I emailed the two unis I'm considering accepting offers from to ask about the possibility of deferred entry. However, I was only intending to ask about possibilities, not actually defer, when I sent this email:

I was very pleased to recently receive an offer from <Insert> University to study Undergraduate Law (M100) starting in 2005. I was wondering about the possibility of deferring my entry for this course to 2006. Could you tell me if this is a possibility that is offered? Thank you in advance for your help.

And this is the Nottingham response:

The Law Admissions Tutor is happy to agree to your request to defer your year of entry to September 2006. My colleague in the University's Centra Admissions will make the appropriate changes to the UCAS records to indicate your adjusted year of entry.

:eek:

So now I have to email back and say 'Wait! I haven't decided yet!' and then look like a complete fool if I finally choose that I do want it deffered and have to say 'Actually, I do want it deffered after all'.

I think the moral of the story is to be damn clear when you say stuff...
Hmm fool or not you'd better let them know the score quickly!
Reply 2
JonathanH
I've been thinking about taking a gap year, and so I emailed the two unis I'm considering accepting offers from to ask about the possibility of deferred entry. However, I was only intending to ask about possibilities, not actually defer, when I sent this email:

I was very pleased to recently receive an offer from <Insert> University to study Undergraduate Law (M100) starting in 2005. I was wondering about the possibility of deferring my entry for this course to 2006. Could you tell me if this is a possibility that is offered? Thank you in advance for your help.

And this is the Nottingham response:

The Law Admissions Tutor is happy to agree to your request to defer your year of entry to September 2006. My colleague in the University's Centra Admissions will make the appropriate changes to the UCAS records to indicate your adjusted year of entry.

:eek:

So now I have to email back and say 'Wait! I haven't decided yet!' and then look like a complete fool if I finally choose that I do want it deffered and have to say 'Actually, I do want it deffered after all'.

I think the moral of the story is to be damn clear when you say stuff...

Don't worry mate, there's no long term damage of this! Just makes you feel like an idiot now, but there's no harm done if you change your decision a million times to defer or not. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending