The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
dave mohammad
But female empowerment has nothing to do with science. If anything it is against the biological principles. Also Islam is very much scientific. Think of the Quran as being like the instruction manual for a washing machine. Its a set of scientific principles - a guide for living if you will.

****. From what I've read of the Qur'an, I've seen only a lot of sicophantic rubbish that very nearly made me physically sick.
Jainblu
just wanted to let you know that in Islam... woman are actually of a very high status, and they are treated like human beings, i don't think i've recently had anyone treat me like a non-human.. =]

Well, lucky you. I'd point out that many Muslims force their wives and daughters to wear small tents if they want to go outside, forbid them from driving, and believe that they are mandated by their holy book to beat them if they disobey. Sounds more like being a pet than a person, IMO.
Charzhino
I've seen 4 year olds wearing it running around playing and enjoying themselves just as non-muslim children do. In that terms it is totally subjective.

Good for you. I don't think it's possible to enjoy the summer sun as a 4 year old with your head wrapped in a cloth :curious:
Reply 163
As for the Shariah law...there would be no point imposing it in this country
Follow the shariah law yourself but don't force others..that is not what islam is about
Set an example to others..they may follow

Also OP..women are not 'not allowed' to work...they have as many equal right as men
It was just in times before there was no such thing as office work...the only work there was was to be a shepherd or something or the other
women are treated equally in Islam
Reply 164
[QUOTE]
Antonia87
Hold on a minute, are actually you saying that women, in Islamic eyes, were never meant to work?

dave mohammad
yes. only family business.
{/QUOTE]

Please.... Op.... don't try to hold religious discussions about aspects of religion that you are not clear on. I don't know is a feasible option to.

A muslim woman is allowed to work.
The Prophet's (pbuh) first wife Kadhija(ra) owned her own business.

Islamic ruling on women and money (within the household) is that what is teh husband's is the wife's, and what is teh wife's is teh wife's own to spen how she likes.
The muslim woman should not have to contribute to the household finances... at all. The muslim man has a duty on him to provide for and protect women. =]

SO a muslim woman does not have to work, but alhamdulilah, if she wants to she can.
Reply 165
CityOfMyHeart
Yeah I know... I was just saying how the number of Muslims isn't hugely larger than any other religious group in the UK. There are roughly 2 million Muslims in the UK, and there are roughly 2 million Hindus in the UK too.

okay cool. good to know =]
Reply 166
Gremlins
Well, lucky you. I'd point out that many Muslims force their wives and daughters to wear small tents if they want to go outside, forbid them from driving, and believe that they are mandated by their holy book to beat them if they disobey. Sounds more like being a pet than a person, IMO.

Firstly thank you for/ commenting about my religion. As a muslim i am supposed to represent the truth, along with proof.. otherwise i can go to hell. SO ill begin. Obviously you are entitled to your opinion.

I would just like to point out that as a general rule people are not perfect. I do not condone the behaviour of some individuals, but neither can i myself judge it.

you said 'many muslims...' in what sense? What are the statistics you hold regarding this?
I do not claim to be perfectly versed in Islam, but the quran does not permit a muslim man to just beat his wife if she disobeys him.

If a muslim woman does something that is wrong, her husband is to first admonish her. That is to tell her that what she is doing is wrong and not allowed in the religion.

He should allow for some time for her to adjust her behaviour.

but if she persists the husband should stay away from the marital bed for some nights. To a woman a man doing this sends a clear signal that he's actually serious...:biggrin:

then if she continues to persist, the man should take basically something no bigger than a toothbrush, and tap her/ beat her once with it.
TO what extent a person can beat someone with a toothbrush.. well that's debatable..

forbiding women from driving is an issue that i can again say nothing about, but it is known that in the time of the prophet (pbuh) women rode camels ('equivalent' to driving i guess)

I think it's important to do proper research before coming to a conclusion, so i would advise you to do some research into the matter, and see what you find out. =]
take care

Latest

Trending

Trending