The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I may be wrong, since this is based entirely upon hearsay, but King's is apparently somewhat of a party uni, so I wouldn't worry. Anyway, there will be outgoing students at any university, so I wouldn't worry.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
I wouldn't say party uni, but we know how to have fun! :tongue: Like any uni, some students are outgoing, some aren't. I don't really think it makes a difference what uni you are at.

As for Waterloo campus, i don't know really. I'm based there but all my friends are medics so i'm always at Guys. Waterloo has a canteen but that's about it, though it isn't exactly far from waterfront in Strand or Guys!
Reply 3
They're f'in miserable.
Reply 4
The people on the open days were pretty exuberant.
Reply 5
Lol from when i went to the open day, i wasnt particularly struck with the idea tht any of them are the hard core party type :/ lol
To be honest I think a lot of it is what you make of it. If you are pretty outgoing then I'm sure you'll make a lot of friends. :biggrin:
Im goin to be raving it up when i get there!! If my kidneys still work after a month of uni in london i'll feel like i've let myself down... haha. You're right about the open day though, it didnt look like party central, but surely you're bound to meet like minded people at any uni.
<(-_-)>
Im goin to be raving it up when i get there!! If my kidneys still work after a month of uni in london i'll feel like i've let myself down... haha. You're right about the open day though, it didnt look like party central, but surely you're bound to meet like minded people at any uni.

I've met so many people like you here :tongue: You only meet a couple of people at the open day - and those aren't necessarily the ones who go out - think about it, who wants to give up their drinking time to give freshers a tour :wink:
Reply 9
People spend less time at the SU than maybe more campus based uni's but that's just because there are so many other places to go in London; there are great clubs left right and centre and I can assure you that us king's student do go to them! I mean come on, do you honestly think that the average person who chooses to go to uni in London is looking for a quiet life?! King's students generally seem hard working like to go out too...pretty much what you'd expect of students at a good university.
Reply 10
What are the best clubs in the area? i think tutu's (somethin like tht) was mentioned to be a good 1?
Reply 11
Tutu's is the bar on top of the Strand campus, as the Student Union nightclub.
Reply 12
Some are outgoing and some are not, as with students at any university!

The people on my floor are really sociable, and we go clubbing quite a bit, but of course not everybody is into that.

My favourite clubs round here are Tiger Tiger and On Anon, but there are loads of other decent clubs too. Although it is best to go clubbing on a week night, as weekends are hella expensive; even if you go to the same club on a student night and then a weekend, on the weekend the drinks prices are hiked right up.
Reply 13
Lana-90
Lol from when i went to the open day, i wasnt particularly struck with the idea that any of them are the hard core party type :/ lol

You've got to bear in mind that when you see students on the open day, they are in the middle of classes, so are probably walking to or from a class, or on a break in between, so they're not going to be as lively as if you were to meet them on their days off or after their classes.
Reply 14
pcok
You've got to bear in mind that when you see students on the open day, they are in the middle of classes, so are probably walking to or from a class, or on a break in between, so they're not going to be as lively as if you were to meet them on their days off or after their classes.

Lol no I meant student who were in the same lecture theatre as me, as in people with offers who would be starting in the same yr as me.
Reply 15
Lana-90
Lol no I meant student who were in the same lecture theatre as me, as in people with offers who would be starting in the same yr as me.

Ah fair enough; they were probs nervous then. I don't think I would have come across as myself when I was at the open day last year. But at the same time you're gonna get those who do and those who do not like to party, at any uni. King's won't be any different to any of the top unis, especially those in London.
Reply 16
Yeah, London is my main attraction here, i'm im still undecided as to which 1 of my chosen 2 to put as firm and insurance. decisions, decisions.
Reply 17
Twinkle06
What course is this for?

Business management :smile:
pcok
Some are outgoing and some are not, as with students at any university!

The people on my floor are really sociable, and we go clubbing quite a bit, but of course not everybody is into that.

My favourite clubs round here are Tiger Tiger and On Anon, but there are loads of other decent clubs too. Although it is best to go clubbing on a week night, as weekends are hella expensive; even if you go to the same club on a student night and then a weekend, on the weekend the drinks prices are hiked right up.

Seriously? IMO OnAnon sucks! Have you been to KOKO in Camden? Tis Amazing!! Or Walkabout near strand =ly Amazing This is all.
Reply 19
bombproof_girl
Seriously? IMO OnAnon sucks! Have you been to KOKO in Camden? Tis Amazing!! Or Walkabout near strand =ly Amazing This is all.

I have only been to On Anon on Fridays, which isn't student night, so I don't know if it's quite different on a student night perhaps? But it's so packed on a Friday, and it's just a really good atmosphere

I haven't actually been to that Walkabout yet; everyone tells me about it, but whenever I'm in that area we end up going to Leicster (?) Square or Piccadilly Circus. There's a Walkabout that's really good 5 mins from where I live (Hampstead), but it's not a club.

Latest