The Student Room Group

UCL MSc Public Policy

Hi everybody,

I have just received an unconditional offer for the MSc Public Policy at the UCL. Before answering, I am looking for some information about the atmosphere in the master and the quality of the courses, from recent alumni or present students. "Is there anybody out there?" is then my first (and very pink-floyd-ian) question.

Before coming to the others, I describe myself in a few words. I am 24 and a future civil servant at the French ministry for territorial planning and sustainable development. My aim for studying public policy in UK is mainly to discover an alternative approach to the French one, particularly on regulatory practices.

So:

would you say the MSc in UCL is adapted to my goal?

how hard are the courses for someone who studied economics and some political philosophy before, but not as a principal subject?

how old are the students? In particular, are there people going back to school after having worked for some years ?

how internationalized is the MSc?

are you happy with it?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
Reply 1
Platon2576
Hi everybody,

I have just received an unconditional offer for the MSc Public Policy at the UCL. Before answering, I am looking for some information about the atmosphere in the master and the quality of the courses, from recent alumni or present students. "Is there anybody out there?" is then my first (and very pink-floyd-ian) question.

Before coming to the others, I describe myself in a few words. I am 24 and a future civil servant at the French ministry for territorial planning and sustainable development. My aim for studying public policy in UK is mainly to discover an alternative approach to the French one, particularly on regulatory practices.

So:

would you say the MSc in UCL is adapted to my goal?

how hard are the courses for someone who studied economics and some political philosophy before, but not as a principal subject?

how old are the students? In particular, are there people going back to school after having worked for some years ?

how internationalized is the MSc?

are you happy with it?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Hi :-)
I can' answer any of your questions but also applied for the MSc Public Policy at UCL, yet the one with the European focus. I just wanted to tell you that I also applied for the MPA at LSE. I received offers for both and will go to LSE. My goals are very similar to yours (yet in Germany, not in France) and I personally feel that the MPA is the better programme for future civil servants.

So, I cannot answer your questions but maybe this information is somehow useful to you.

Latest