The Student Room Group

Need help with Molecular Biology!Please?!

Hello Brainy People, I need help on some homework. the question is: Suggest what molecular biologists might use the DNA for oncee it has been extracted from the tissue.

This is part of a question and answer sheet after a DNA extraction from an onion. Can you help please? Just a brief help will do, I will get the rest of the info myself. Thank you in advance.!XXXXXXX
Reply 1
The most obvious thing that springs into my mind is that you'd probably want to sequence it...
Reply 2
MadNatSci
The most obvious thing that springs into my mind is that you'd probably want to sequence it...

What? More obvious than hanging it around their room as decorations? :eek: :wink:
Reply 3
MadNatSci

:wink: no doubt
Reply 4
oxymoron
What? More obvious than hanging it around their room as decorations? :eek: :wink:

I remember doing a DNA extraction for a Sixth Form Open Day at my old school: we got the stuff out of the kiwi (or whatever it was we were using), and showed it to the kids and their parents, at which point the parents gasped admiringly and the kids went "urrrrr, it looks like snot!"

Sounds like a great room decoration to me - would definitely add atmosphere :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending