The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

bondjamesbond
all you need is love

love is all you need
englishstudent
Yes but other animals successfully reproduce without having "love". One man can impregnate a whole lotta women but love stops that.

well, we've evolved to become very complex so I'm guessing that, unlike other animals we needed a little nudge cause of all our rationalisations (is that even a word? :confused: )
*shrugs* don't know...
# L-o-v-e - Nat King Cole
# Love Ain't Like That - Faith Hill
# Love Again - John Denver
# Love Alive - Heart
# Love Alone - Trisha Yearwood
# Love Ballad - George Benson
# Love By Another Name - Celine Dion
# Love Can Move Mountains - Celine Dion
# Love Changes Everything - Michael Ball
# Love Comes Without Warning - America
# Love Don't Cost A Thing - Jennifer Lopez
# Love For All Seasons - Christina Aguilera
# Love Gets Me Every Time - Shania Twain
# Love In The First Degree - Alabama
# Love Is - Brian McKnight & Vanessa Williams
# Love Is All - Marc Anthony
# Love Is All Around - Wet Wet Wet
# Love Is All We Need - Celine Dion
# Love Is In The Air - John Paul Young
# Love Letters In The Sand - Andy Williams
# Love Me Or Leave Me Alone - Trisha Yearwood
# Love Me Or Let Me Go - Luis Fonsi
# Love Me Tender - Elvis Presley
# Love Of My Life - Brian McKnight
# Love Song - Hanson
# Love Soon - John Mayer
# Love Takes Time - Mariah Carey
# Love This Way - Eden's Crush
# Love Will Always Win - Faith Hill
# Love Will Conquer All - Lionel Richie
# Love Will Find a Way - Christina Aguilera
# Love Will Find a Way - Heather Headley & Kenny Lattimore
# Love Wouldn't Count Me Out - Brandy
# Love Wouldn't Lie To Me - Trisha Yearwood

mmmm... music influence?
Reply 23
Love Will Tear Us Apart- Joy Division

Have to remember the pessimists.
2 5 +
Love Will Tear Us Apart- Joy Division

Have to remember the pessimists.

He, he, he... you are right... love stinks
Reply 25
I'm in love!!!!!!!:biggrin:
Reply 26
I agree, it makes you feel great...but only for part of the time. The majority of the time i find it hurts.
are we masoquist?... love hurts?... who needs a heart when a heart can be broken?
Reply 28
Sarah7
I think watched that too! Was there also a lad who thought that his parents were imposters?

Buuut on topic: yes, it's because of all the good stuff too. But you can learn to not love, I suppose...

It may well have been. I didnt watch all of it but at the end, the narrator mentioned something about people not recognising friends and family.
need_money
All it does is make us feel bad. When we are in love, we pine for the person when we aren't with them. We get all love sick and all the usual butterflies in the belly and stuff. If you love someone you can't have it feels awful and if you love someone and then get dumped by said someone you feel like crap. So why do we have this feeling when it puts us through so much torture?

:stupid:
Reply 30
wild thing
:stupid:

Takes one to know one.
need_money
Takes one to know one.

:confused:

(i just LOVE that smiley :stupid: :biggrin:)
Reply 32
Love is giveing somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to
BhArJ
Love is giveing somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to

heyyyyyyyyyy bHArJ long time no hear! Where were you man? WE missed you :redface:

anyways, i KNEW you were going to say something along those lines :rolleyes:
glad to see you haven't changed :biggrin:
If you believe in relationship advice mumbo jumbo:

When you're young, you love someone because of what they give you and how they make you feel. As you grow older, you realise that when you love someone, you forget about yourself.

So trying to tell someone truly in love and who's distraught: "you should leave them, you'll feel better" is pretty useless.
Reply 35
wild thing
heyyyyyyyyyy bHArJ long time no hear! Where were you man? WE missed you :redface:

anyways, i KNEW you were going to say something along those lines :rolleyes:
glad to see you haven't changed :biggrin:

Hey :p: ermmmmmmmmm just around, havent been posting much lately

yup, still realistic as ever :smile: and i still see you cant get my name right :rolleyes: :p:
BhArJ
Hey :p: ermmmmmmmmm just around, havent been posting much lately

yup, still realistic as ever :smile: and i still see you cant get my name right :rolleyes: :p:

grrrr someday I'll get your name right and that dear BhArJ (oooh the wonders of cut and paste :p: ) is a promise
:biggrin:
well I never thought I'd say that, but I've missed you pessimism :wink:
(man, you better take a grip on yourself or i'll have > post count than you :eek: )
In mammals whose young have a long childhood period, e.g. humans, the issue of 'love' encourages longterm pairbonding which provides a better environment for that little package of genetic code to grow up to reproduce itself.

*leaves with the empty bucket, previously containing cold water, that she dumped on the thread*
Reply 38
need_money
All it does is make us feel bad. When we are in love, we pine for the person when we aren't with them. We get all love sick and all the usual butterflies in the belly and stuff. If you love someone you can't have it feels awful and if you love someone and then get dumped by said someone you feel like crap. So why do we have this feeling when it puts us through so much torture?

oh god! love sux so much! i hate love! arrrrggghhhh! :mad: :frown:
Reply 39
Hormones. Animals don't do that crap that we do for it.

Latest

Trending

Trending