The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I remember the little ******* won't ever sit next to each other so you have to put the benches in a certain way so you dont waste money
SiaSiaSia
Cool noises? :frown:

Educate thyself

:tongue:
Reply 62
Saruken

I recently bought a game modelled on Theme Hospital...Hospital Tycoon. Unlike Roller Coaster Tycoon, which is just as good as Theme Park, HT is a great big steaming pile of **** with none of the charm, humour or gameplay of TH.

Yeah, Hospital Tycoon is rather poor in comparison to the original. The best thing about Roller Coaster Tycoon is picking up the peeps and throwing them into the water.... Or is that just me who does that?
:rolleyes:
Harmonium
The best thing about Roller Coaster Tycoon is picking up the peeps and throwing them into the water.... Or is that just me who does that?

Nope. :redface:
Reply 64
blissy
I remember the little ******* won't ever sit next to each other so you have to put the benches in a certain way so you dont waste money

That always used to annoy me soooooo much!! I'd put loads of benches around and yet they'd still be moaning about the lack of seating because they wouldn't sit next to each other :mad: :mad:
Reply 65
Doctor required in GP's office.
The popping of the bloaty head people never fails to amuse me. And the invisible guys...all the same: a bowler hat with a walking stick!!! lol
Reply 67
Harmonium
Yeah, Hospital Tycoon is rather poor in comparison to the original. The best thing about Roller Coaster Tycoon is picking up the peeps and throwing them into the water.... Or is that just me who does that?

There's one BIG difference between Hospital Tycoon and Rollercoaster Tycoon, and that's the fact that Chris Sawyer's name is nowhere to be seen on the Hospital Tycoon box. That man is an utter legend when it comes to game design, but with success of the RCT series, there have been literally dozens of crap Tycoon games which mostly just try to use that name and RCT's success to garner sales that have nothing to do with him in the slightest. There's everything from Mall Tycoon to School Tycoon to Prison Tycoon...hell, I've got a copy of Monopoly Tycoon somewhere in my bedroom :p:
Dalimyr
There's everything from Mall Tycoon to School Tycoon to Prison Tycoon...hell, I've got a copy of Monopoly Tycoon somewhere in my bedroom :p:

Mall Tycoon isn't that bad. But it doesn't have any humour or charm about it. :no:
Dalimyr
There's one BIG difference between Hospital Tycoon and Rollercoaster Tycoon, and that's the fact that Chris Sawyer's name is nowhere to be seen on the Hospital Tycoon box. That man is an utter legend when it comes to game design, but with success of the RCT series, there have been literally dozens of crap Tycoon games which mostly just try to use that name and RCT's success to garner sales that have nothing to do with him in the slightest. There's everything from Mall Tycoon to School Tycoon to Prison Tycoon...hell, I've got a copy of Monopoly Tycoon somewhere in my bedroom

Chris Sawyer...Transport Tycoon :love:
This is an awesome game! It's so addictive as well.
Reply 71
Just tried to re-install it on Vista but after I accept the terms and conditions nothing happens :frown:
Reply 72
Holdo24
Just tried to re-install it on Vista but after I accept the terms and conditions nothing happens :frown:

I've got Vista and it worked first time for me :confused: Not a particularly helpful post sorry lol!
Saruken

I recently bought a game modelled on Theme Hospital...Hospital Tycoon. Unlike Roller Coaster Tycoon, which is just as good as Theme Park, HT is a great big steaming pile of **** with none of the charm, humour or gameplay of TH.

Hospital Tycoon really was rubbish. I don't know if I was doing it wrong, but I completed it in like 2 days. And I couldn't seem to do anything wrong, everything just worked.

I really want Theme Hospital now... Think I'll go and buy it tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 74
I bought it years ago but it's at home so I managed to find a downloadable one and after much faffing around and eventually downloading dosbox onto a Windows XP computer it worked without having to wait or pay a penny :smile:
Reply 75
deleted
I've got Vista and it worked first time for me :confused: Not a particularly helpful post sorry lol!

It's all okay. Got it working now :biggrin:
Reply 76
Holdo24
It's all okay. Got it working now :biggrin:

:biggrin: Enjoy playing :biggrin:
Reply 77
yep one of the best lol

but it gets really hard nearer the end

could never complete it :P
Oh I loved this game so much! I had theme park as well, which was good but the graphics weren't as good as Theme Hospital. I've still got it but it won't work on my computer... I think it was probably on a Windows 95 or something when I first played it so maybe it's not compatible with an XP. Might try and get another copy though!
Reply 79
Democracy
Chris Sawyer...Transport Tycoon :love:

One of the best games ever made.

Was recently playing that game as well. Brought back some really good memories.

Theme Hospital was also legendary. :smile:

Latest