The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

acas13
heres hoping! the only problem is that my first choice at the moment (things could change as i havnt been to open days yet) is glasgow, and as far as i know they dont hand out unconditionals! :shifty: damn.

Oh well, you want to do medicine - might as well start to enjoy your suffering :tongue:
Meteorshower
Oh well, you want to do medicine - might as well start to enjoy your suffering :tongue:

UCL haven't got back to me yet. But I'm pretty confident it's accumulative.

Anyhow, if it isn't, I'll just take AH Modern Studies as well as AH English and French.
Hi,
I'm in 4th year at the moment. I have my options interview very soon. I was wondering, can someone tell me how many subjects you can take in 6th year? (I will be doing 5 Hs in 5th year) I would like to do at least 1 AH, possibly 2, as well as a Crash Higher and an Int 1 (int 1 is in Travel & Tourism, I want to be a pilot and I'm interested in it so I would like to take it. I was dissapointed to find that our school only does it at int 1 ! :frown: )

So would 2 AHS, 1 crash H and an Int 1 be fine to do in 6th year?

Thanks,

Scott
FuturePilot
Hi,
I'm in 4th year at the moment. I have my options interview very soon. I was wondering, can someone tell me how many subjects you can take in 6th year? (I will be doing 5 Hs in 5th year) I would like to do at least 1 AH, possibly 2, as well as a Crash Higher and an Int 1 (int 1 is in Travel & Tourism, I want to be a pilot and I'm interested in it so I would like to take it. I was dissapointed to find that our school only does it at int 1 ! :frown: )

So would 2 AHS, 1 crash H and an Int 1 be fine to do in 6th year?

Thanks,

Scott

Yes that would be fine
Reply 24
I'm picking H Chem! :biggrin: The joy :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 25
LuhLah
I'm picking H Chem! :biggrin: The joy :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

you seem very excited by that...:tongue:
actually i quite liked it as a course:smile:
Reply 26
akj08
you seem very excited by that...:tongue:
actually i quite liked it as a course:smile:

Yeah, I love chemistry. Kinda buggered it up in the prelim with the Higher level PS lol, got a good 2 for my KU. But, after talking about Higher English in English, I am pooping myself :biggrin:
Reply 27
LuhLah
Aaaack. I'm picking my highers, and the unis I want to go to require me to do 3 advanced highers.
But, this is what I'm picking for S5:
Int 2 Maths
Higher English
Higher Biology
Higher Chemistry
Higher Human Biology.

:/ I am defo doing ah bio/chem, but I dunno what else I can do at ah for my 3rd one. I dread the thought of having to do english...maybe crash admin or buisness studies, or do a crash in physics in higher? aaaack..

If you sit Higher Biology, you don't get ay UCAS points for sitting Higher Human Biology, and vice versa. So it will be the same as only having one higher.
However, if you want to take them for pure enjoyment of the subject, like myself :smile: then fair enough.
Reply 28
LuhLah
Hrm. Weird enough it says human biology, but l need a ah in biology? If they know that human bio and bio are the same, why make it a viable subject?

I'm not sure what the misunderstanding is, so I'm just going to rephrase it and hope that it helps:

To even be considered for entry to the course at any level, you need at least one of the listed subjects at Higher grade B (i.e. Higher Biology or Human Biology or...), in addition to maths at SG 2 or Int 2 C (although SG 3 in maths will be considered, your chances will be less and will depend on the strength of the rest of your application - if I were you, I'd make sure you get at least a 2 in the final exam).

If you're applying for first year entry, you need a further three Highers at BCC.

To get direct entry to second year, skipping first year altogether and having a 3 year course, you need three AHs at BBB, one of which must be biology (I don't think there's an AH Human Biology?) and another one of which must be from the list given.

The Higher requirements for second year entry aren't specifically stated, but it's likely you'll be expected to meet or exceed the first year entry requirements there. Additionally, taking both Human Biology and mainstream Biology at Higher will probably weaken your chances as that's a much lower workload than one of them and a further, different subject.
Reply 30
Reply 31
LuhLah
Can a A pass in Higher Human bio get you into ah bio ? If it can, I don't need to take Biology, and I can take Computing instead :biggrin:

yep bio or human bio are both fine for AH but there are some plant topics in AH so you might need to do some extra work. Most people I know who are doing AH did human and seem to be coping fine:smile:
Reply 32

Latest

Trending

Trending