The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Two of my friends do it, I think it seems really interesting. They love it. And they're currently spending a semester in Ghana - pretty ******* cool!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Brighty17
I have applied and been given a conditional offer for international development (ABB) at leeds. On paper it sounds like a very interesting course to do but after seeing that so few people actually do it I am having second thoughts. I was wondering if there as anybody on here that is currently doing it or has just graduating, and do you think it is a good course to do?

I also have an offer for International Development!! I think it's quite good if there are smaller numbers doing it because the teaching groups will be smaller which will be a better learning environment!
Reply 3
Don't be put off by small numbers on courses, it really is irrelevent. The courses are modular, so the maximum you will have (and its the same for nearly all courses) in seminars is about 20, could be as low as 8. In lectures it can be anything from 30 - 300, and in the first year in particular you are likely to be doing modules along with at least 50 other people.
Reply 4
mini_quinney
Hey.. im not taking int development but was wondering what the modules were like to choose as electives but year 1 seems to havebeen deleted off this web page.. anyon know what the modules are for year 1?

http://webprod1.leeds.ac.uk/catalogue/dynprogrammes.asp?Y=200910&P=BA-IDEV%3EPA

xx

heya hope this is right and is what your looking for! :smile:

Compulsory modules:

Candidates will be required to study the following compulsory modules:
PIED1200 Contemporary Development Issues 20 credits Semester 2

PIED1211 Making of the Global South 20 credits Semester 1 PFP

Optional modules:

Students must take one of the following modules
PIED1541 Globalisation 20 credits Semester 1 PFP
PIED1542 Globalisation 20 credits Semester 2 PFP

Latest