The Student Room Group

Abnormal not to eat breakfast?

So I may or may not eat breakfast depending on how I feel, if there's enough time etc (I usually get up v late).

Anyway, I went to breakfast in hall today and they had run out of what I wanted to eat. I wasn't hungry so I got a coffee and a juice. I went to sit with some friends and they went nuts at me.

''OMG!''
''Where's your breakfast?''
''Why aren't you eating??''
etc etc...as if I would waste away that very second!

So I went and got something else to eat, though I didn't really want to eat it.

Am I weird for not always wanting to eat breakfast? I just didn't think it was a big deal.

(My BMI is 18 ish...not that it really matters, but hey..)

Scroll to see replies

I'd say it's more unhealthy than weird.
Reply 2
No, I never used to have any. Even now I'm in catered halls at uni I can't remember the last time I went to the dining hall for breakfast.

This past week I've started buying my own and having it in my own time. I sometimes physially find it hard to eat in the morning and this way is much easier for me.
Reply 3
No a colleague of mine doesn't eat breakfast. I would reccommend eating breakfast although what is normality, it varies from person to person.

Eating in the morning will stop you snacking too much between meals, although 6 smaller meals are supposidly better than 3 big meals a day.

Your BMI is really quite low for a female.
Reply 4
most people in halls DONT have breakfast, lo
i don't eat breakfast, and i don't care what anybody else says.

saying one should eat breakfast is just the belief of a doctor, nothing more.
Reply 6
No, I don't eat breakfast, I'm never hungry and would rather thatextra 30 mins in bed.

If we have any, then I'll grab some fruit...but that's not really a meal. If you were hungry then it'd be wrong.
I don't eat breakfast, just don't have time. I plan my morning routine down to the last minute for maximum lie-in opportunity and breakfast would take away from that so...
meh I'm never hungry til about 4 hours after I wake up. By that time I just eat dinner.

I don't know many people who eat breakfast actually..
A cup of tea, some toast and an apple is one of the few things I look forward to in the morning. I hardly ever skip breakfast.
I don't eat breakfast either, I don't think its that abnormal :s-smilie:
Reply 11
No Future
So I may or may not eat breakfast depending on how I feel, if there's enough time etc (I usually get up v late).

Anyway, I went to breakfast in hall today and they had run out of what I wanted to eat. I wasn't hungry so I got a coffee and a juice. I went to sit with some friends and they went nuts at me.

''OMG!''
''Where's your breakfast?''
''Why aren't you eating??''
etc etc...as if I would waste away that very second!

So I went and got something else to eat, though I didn't really want to eat it.

Am I weird for not always wanting to eat breakfast? I just didn't think it was a big deal.

(My BMI is 18 ish...not that it really matters, but hey..)

People in halls are generally pricks. I was once in a lazy mood and shoved bacon in the microwave in first year.
"OMG HE'S COOKING IT IN THE MICROWAVE!"
"OMG! I'm GOING TO GO GET X"
<x enters with y,z,p to make up the majority of my flat>
"OMG! HE ISN'T GRILLING IT!"
"I CANT BELIEVE IT!"

Entire time I was just stood there thinking **** off lol. Seriously ignore it OP - some students are just weird, obsessive freaks. As you can see - you're not the only one to have to of lived with people like that.
I always eat brekkie when I wake up, have done since I can remember. I don't do well without fuel!
Have some smoothie.

That's a good breakfast if you aren't hungry.

You should eat breakfast even if you aren't hungry as you may actually be hungry but you've gone so long without food you stop feeling hungry.
Reply 14
In my first year I didn't used to bother all that regularly, and before uni I was never a fan as I was never hungry in the morning. Now, however, I try to eat breakfast every day as I train most days and generally need the energy and nutrition from breakfast. It is actually the most important meal too, so it's best to eat something.
Reply 15
The Harlequinn Mask
Have some smoothie.

That's a good breakfast if you aren't hungry.

You should eat breakfast even if you aren't hungry as you may actually be hungry but you've gone so long without food you stop feeling hungry.

sounds nice but that would involve
1) buying mucho fruit = $$
2) buying a blender = $$
3) cleaning said blender daily = effort
Omgu Dont Eat Breakfast Thats So Weirddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Reply 17
Never have breakfast unless I'm in a hotel or I get up very late, in which case it's lunch. I find it hard to summon an appetite early in the morning.
I never eat breakfast. Sometimes I won't eat until about 3 or 4 and then that's only a pack of crisps or something..
I can't function unless I eat breakfast. I'm like a zombie until I do. That's only me though, everyone has their own preferences. And as for all this, "It's so unhealthy to miss breakfast" - what if you're not hungry! Eat when you're not hungry, ridiculous!

Latest

Trending

Trending