The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
No, they add me
Reply 21
how come everyone is saying 'they add me'

surely some of you must add them!

i always wonder whether my friends added certain people or vice versa. who knows!
QuantumTheory
No, but they keep on adding me >_<

:ditto:

And then I feel obliged to click "accept", based on the fact that they were in my proximity for a few years of my life - which would amount to the same amount of contact time [in hours] as my uni course mates who I added really early last semester...
Reply 23
No. I don't understand why people add me from parties and stuff that I only spoke to once. I don't really see the point tbh, but then I hardly use my fb.
Reply 24
denty5
ami the only person who doesnt have facebook??

i getthe feelin id get hardly any comments so itd be abit embarrasing and id be embarrased to add people i didnt know so id have hardly any friends. i think alot of people only add people they didnt talk to cuz their being nosey, they have no intention of commenting them, they just wanna look at their pics and seein what their up to.

i have it, i advise you not to get it, you can't get away from the bastards/pricks/chavs in your life
No. I only add people I know and like. I do get random friend requests though with messages like "Add me for Mafia Wars" or "You were in my Biology class in year 7" :lolwut:
Reply 26
Only those who I actually have lessons with - unless they're really chavvy
i accept them when they add me.
Tefhel
No, I don't add them they add me - people in my year who I have never spoken a word to. I usually add them though so I don't seem mean (unless I dislike them).

Haha this, it's so retarded
Reply 29
Haha yes...I try to only add people I've at least passed the time of day with, but that's not exactly much! I get loads of adds from people at school who were in other years who I'd never even heard of though. In one way it's like, aww, bless, somebody from another year knows who I am! Then it's like, we weren't even in the same year and I wouldn't know you from Adam.
nothing like facebook stalking
QuantumTheory
No, but they keep on adding me >_<

this
I don't add people I never speak to but when they add me I always accept.
Reply 33
if i got facebook id wanna add alot of people because evyerone else has loads of friends but when you add them you haev to specify how you know them, so thatd be abit embarrasing!
Lol some girl who thought she was really cool in school has added me and most of my friends even though she never spoke to us back then or made contact through facebook other than friends requests. I accepted out of politeness then later deleted her, at which point she tried to add me again. I messaged her asking what exactly the point of adding me was when she barely knew me and told her to get a life, got an abusive message back for 'havin da cheek to talk to her lyk dat' and then she blocked me lol.
denty5
but every single person on facebook seems to have at least 200 friends! i wanna get facebook but i would only add liek 7 people and look like aright loser!

..Or just really exclusive and choosy :cool:

I don't really add anybody, not because I'm so incredibly cool and laid back :rolleyes: but because I don't need to rely on facebook to keep in touch with people I'm really friends with. I feel mean rejecting people who add me though, unless I genuinely didnt like them.

I think a lot of people just add everyone they've ever met to look popular, which is kind of sad.
Reply 36
I dont have anyone from school on my facebook page thankfully. But I do have college and uni friends on there. I tend not to add anyone I dont like or havent spoken to in the last millenia.
Reply 37
I add them and they add me
I have the majority of my year, but we were all pretty close and all new each other in 6th form anyways, I've not added the chav types who got filtered out at the end of year 11.
im quite picky over who i add
ive never accepted/added anyone i dont know or havent ever spoken to
facebook is very useful to me because its free and easy.... also i travel a lot so good for keeping in touch and making plans.