The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Arsenalforev
What exam board was this ?, i admit media isnt the hardest subject but is it this bad , In my media studies course we took one module in frameworks of analsying media , another one in advertising and analysing a certain film then C/W in a advert or short film. I got an A but it wasnt a 100% doss like you saying , work had to be done a little. Media isnt hard but if you dont revise like any subject unless you have a good undestanding you will fail. But if you want something not extremly hard and fun Media could be an option.

Umm its OCR, the new spec so we only do two modules in AS instead of 3, one of which is coursework so making a short film, and the is an exam about anaylsing a 4 minute clip from a tv drama, or what I can gather from my less than brilliant teacher lol. We do have to work, but in my experience alot less than in other subjects!
Reply 41
hamzab
May I ask what Unis your applying to Now?

I'll be applying next year to University of Essex.. Thats my first choice due to boyfriend's business and living arrangements. I haven't looked into many other uni's in much detail because I'm so focused to go there as it suits my needs so well. Although my other choices will probably be AR Cambridge and one of the uni's in London most likely.
Well surely that just makes it easier , things like this is what make people belive the subject is a doss , one pratical unit is enough for the whole A level. These new specifications have gone down hill. I even admit that in my media class we do a lot less than other subjects but that could possibly be because its more of a thinking subject. You analyse , you discuss preety much. I don't want people to be fooled by thinking its a complete doss the stuff i learning is useful to my economics a level and english.
Reply 43
Hmmm If i took a third year to do A levels (retake some modules and possibly do more Modules I.E take My AS Maths and do an A2 in it) would Unis look down on this? As in Unis such as Queen Mary, City, Royal Holloway?
Reply 44
hamzab
Hmmm If i took a third year to do A levels (retake some modules and possibly do more Modules I.E take My AS Maths and do an A2 in it) would Unis look down on this? As in Unis such as Queen Mary, City, Royal Holloway?

They may ask about it but my tutor says they won't look down on you for it. Obvs if your going Oxbridge they'd slaughter you for it there and then but getting extra qualifications is a good thing right?
English literature is eaassyy!

That said I am le crapping myself for the summer exam..

Latest