The Student Room Group
Reply 1
snoopyx
If I apply this year and get rejections from most of the universities, does this go on any kind of record? Or if I apply the next year and take a gap year, will it be a clean slate - no one will know about my university rejections from the previous year? Just wanted to know so I can decide whether to apply this year or not as I have decided to take a gap year and also take 2 A2s during it
Individual unis may keep records of who applied in previous years and what the outcome was, but your UCAS record generally is not shared with universities, who would simply get the standard application information as normal. There are plenty of people who have had a lot of rejections one year who have done really well the next, sometimes applying to the same places with improved grades and/or PS.
universities most likely will keep a record of who applied and who was rejected, and they will know you are a re applicant. Sometime that is a good thing, as it shows them you really want to get into their university, but sometimes university will reject you on the basis that you are a re applicant- some medical schools do that.
Reply 3
billykwok
universities most likely will keep a record of who applied and who was rejected, and they will know you are a re applicant. Sometime that is a good thing, as it shows them you really want to get into their university, but sometimes university will reject you on the basis that you are a re applicant- some medical schools do that.
No they don't - some medical schools won't consider resit applicants and will reject those outright, but if you happened to have been rejected first time round, get your AAA without resits and some better work experience, then reapply, they'll certainly consider you.
Is this the case for economics? I don't know whether to apply this year (I'm in Year 12 doing AS levels now) or next year and do Economics and Further Maths A2 during my gap year
Reply 5
snoopyx
Is this the case for economics? I don't know whether to apply this year (I'm in Year 12 doing AS levels now) or next year and do Economics and Further Maths A2 during my gap year
I keep referring you to the Economics forum as you will get more informed responses there!
Woops sorry I'm new to TSR so I didn't realise I could make new threads within that forum
thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending