The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
denty5
i dont mean a dick head, i mean someone who is nice they just have a laugh with their friends and wanna have more fun than those who stay in one club all night, being boring. why dont any of you seem to want a friend who is fun?

Beacause youre describing someone who is immature and a bit of a freak
Sounds like a few of my friends. They are great to be around 90% of the time, but every now and again it gets a bit much.
Reply 22
fun is doing stuff!
fun is drinking and going on holiday, fun is not being so worried and strict with yourself, fun is having humour, being self-depricating and making fun of your friends cuz you know its all joking! i feel very awkard with people who you feel you might offend because you dont that kind of jokey banter going!
denty5
i dont mean a dick head, i mean someone who is nice they just have a laugh with their friends and wanna have more fun than those who stay in one club all night, being boring. why dont any of you seem to want a friend who is fun?
Sounds like someone whose trying to be fun rather than someone who actually is.

Being spontaneous is great, when they can control it. Otherwise it's just irritating. You don't want to be bouncing about the place getting sloshed all the time. It loses its appeal incredibly quickly.
it's possible to have fun without acting like a teenager on the loose
Reply 25
I have jokey banter with my mates, but i also have a proper job that means i cant get blind drunk on a tuesday night then phone in sick and then bugger off to aiya napa for a long weekend :confused: i save my antics for the weekend and i have to book in advance for holidays, doesnt make me a boring person and i resent the suggestion that it does.
Reply 26
I wouldn't have the energy unless i was loaded and had no work to do but still i wouldnt have the energy to keep up
hell yeah sounds like a blast

also reminds me very much of my mate
Reply 28
i mean someone who likes doing irrational things maybe just for the humour, like being in one city at bars but then travelling ot a different city in the middle of night.even though it sounds silly, you sort of like the laugh that entails with it. or you like walking to someones house rather than gettin a taxi cuz you can have a laugh on the way!
Still sounds like someone whose trying too hard.
denty5
i mean someone who likes doing irrational things maybe just for the humour, like being in one city at bars but then travelling ot a different city in the middle of night.even though it sounds silly, you sort of like the laugh that entails with it. or you like walking to someones house rather than gettin a taxi cuz you can have a laugh on the way!

Why has everything got to do with drinking? It suggests that the person is boring unless they're drunk, which sounds really lame.
Reply 31
denty5

Nope you still sound like a knob
Reply 32
There's a difference between having fun/being spontaneous and crazily immature...but being an "irresponsible drunk" as someone pointed out...
sorry, not so much my cup of tea.

DRUGS does not always = fun...

---> OH, but i love contradicting myself...deep down I even admire all those bad boys/girls :biggrin:
Trigger
a bit of a tit who's trying too hard?

This.
Why are you so desperate for strangers on the internet to agree with you?
Trigger
Nope you still sound like a knob

:smile:

:excited:
denty5
someone who always wants to have fun and be impulsive, say book a holiday for the following day, get drunk quite alot, even if theyv got work the next day. some one who on a night out wants to go to loads of different bars and have loads of drinks and be adventurous. someone whos not scared to skive a day off. someone who would find going out at like 11pm cuz ya bored, fun.

Your description sounds like me a couple of years ago. I used to get drunk with 9 o'clock lectures the next day, me and my mates tend to bar hop a little when we're out and mostly don't go out til 10/10.30 cos there is not point going out any earlier. I've skived my fair share of lessons/lectures. Haven't we all done stuff like that? Although i'd find that lifestyle a little fastpaced at the old age of 22 now, it sounds pretty normal for an 18-20 year old.
You don't need to be drunk to have fun; I spent 4 hours at my best mates today making stupid videos and doing makeup.
But yeah, Iwouldn't mind having a casual friend like that. This is blatantly you isn't it?
Yeah. It sounds like a decent enough person to have around. I don't know why everyone is being so moany.
Reply 39
Yes; within moderation. Everyday; **** no.

Latest