The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
yeah, sure why not, everyone needs to have a loser friend to show them how awsome they are.
No. I am a planning obsessive who is very rational and cautious. So no XD
Reply 42
The only thing that really appealed to me about that was the travelling thing. in context, this guy just sounds like one of those obnoxious characters who continually feel the need to reassure themselves with "me i'm ******* mental mate, i was smashed the other night and booked a flight to majorca then i shagged this bird and oh. my. god, i am ******* mental where's the beer"
Reply 43
rajandkwameali
depends. fun is relative. i like to go out to bars sometimes, but i don't think bars and clubs are for me really. i'd prefer really to go to the cinema or hang out at one of my mate's houses and drink, talk, laugh and talk silliness and play sex games with some of our female friends.

...and then you wake up and have to wash your PJ.
Reply 44
If that's how he's defined by himself and/or others, then no. Should be more to a person than that.
londonboym
Yeah. It sounds like a decent enough person to have around. I don't know why everyone is being so moany.

I agree man, Jesus Christ so many people are old before their time on this forum.

Y__
...and then you wake up and have to wash your PJ.

:rofl: So true.
EskimoJo
If that's how he's defined by himself and/or others, then no. Should be more to a person than that.

why?

only losers don't get pissed on weekends.
Reply 47
rajandkwameali
why?

only losers don't get pissed on weekends.

Even if that were true, if, when asked to describe yourself, you then went on to say 'oh yeah! I like to get pissed at weekends', then in my opinion there's not much to you.

What does the person do when they're not pissed? :dontknow:
Reply 48
EskimoJo

hangover innit
EskimoJo
Even if that were true, if, when asked to describe yourself, you then went on to say 'oh yeah! I like to get pissed at weekends', then in my opinion there's not much to you.

have other fun.
Reply 50
denty5
fun is doing stuff!
fun is drinking and going on holiday, fun is not being so worried and strict with yourself, fun is having humour, being self-depricating and making fun of your friends cuz you know its all joking! i feel very awkard with people who you feel you might offend because you dont that kind of jokey banter going!

I know a few people like you.

Your only aim in life is to have fun - as is the aim of all of your 'fun' friends. Which means whenever you are upset/need help, you have to rely on 'boring' people to help you. But as soon as things are ok again, you couldn't care less about the 'boring' people because you're having fun, and that's all you care about.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Now none of the 'boring' people want to go anywhere near you because they know you blow them off at any opportunity just for a bit of fun. Now, whenever something goes wrong you can't rely on the 'fun' friends because they're as useless as you are.

Fast-forward a bit.

You now hopefully have grown up a bit and realise that 'fun' is just a small part of life and there's a lot you're missing out on. Or, you end up like my friend who was similar and ended up killing herself because all her oldest friends didn't trust her any more. Or you end up alcoholic/poor/lonely or all of the above.
EskimoJo

Probably the same as any other person. They only dedicate 2 days to alcohol and the rest of the week they might just be like you. In my opinion.
ctarling
I know a few people like you.

Your only aim in life is to have fun - as is the aim of all of your 'fun' friends. Which means whenever you are upset/need help, you have to rely on 'boring' people to help you. But as soon as things are ok again, you couldn't care less about the 'boring' people because you're having fun, and that's all you care about.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Now none of the 'boring' people want to go anywhere near you because they know you blow them off at any opportunity just for a bit of fun. Now, whenever something goes wrong you can't rely on the 'fun' friends because they're as useless as you are.

Fast-forward a bit.

You now hopefully have grown up a bit and realise that 'fun' is just a small part of life and there's a lot you're missing out on. Or, you end up like my friend who was similar and ended up killing herself because all her oldest friends didn't trust her any more. Or you end up alcoholic/poor/lonely or all of the above.

Right, so if you have fun or loosen up, then you're going to end up alcoholic/poor/lonely or all of the above?

and maybe the 'people like him' only want to be around boring people when they have a problem or are upset, because it's the only time that they are on the same wave length as boring people. Fun people might have a bad time every so often, but boring people live a bad time and convince themselves that fun is a silly thing.
Hell yes. I like the unpredictability of never knowing where life is going next. If someone phones me up at some stupid time of the morning and says "meet me in 10 minutes", I do!
Reply 54
londonboym
Probably the same as any other person. They only dedicate 2 days to alcohol and the rest of the week they might just be like you. In my opinion.

So why would they, when making a post where it's obvious they're wondering why they don't have proper friends and are trying to sell themselves in the best light, would they make 90% or the post about going out/getting drunk?
My point is I don't know anything about what they're like the rest of the week when they might 'be like me' because all they think is important to talk about is the fact that they like being drunk (oh, and a bit of spontaneous travelling - also quite unappealing to me btw) and that makes me a bit wary/puts me off a little. Ok? :smile:
No... sounds quite superficial to be honest. I much prefer the bookworm/cosy/sweet/smart/drunk from time to time type.
Nope, I don't like impulsive people or people who think getting pissed all the time is the most important thing in life.
Reply 57
Sure (^_^)
sounds like quite a lot of my friends.

1. We randomly drove to tenby at like 3 in the morning, got there ran in the sea sat there till sun came up - went and had breakfast in this cafe - came home. Just because we were bored.

2. Decided it would be a good idea to go down my friends nan caravan, so we said meet back here in two hours - and that is exactly what we did
Reply 59
TSR :rolleyes:

Why do you live? Don't you live to enjoy yourself the most? No-one said anything about fobbing off 'boring' friends or being an irresponsible drunk or spending money they don't have or any of that stuff.

There is nothing wrong with the person described by the OP.

I could add so much more to this post but I have to go to uni now...

Latest

Trending

Trending