The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Probably not.
Reply 61
Trigger
Drinking to excess before work bad, skipping work bad, spending money on holidays that you don't have bad...a bit of a tit who's trying too hard?

Murray Hewitt
sounds a bit too much effort tbh

Both of these. I'm a bit OCD and wouldn't be able to do all those things you just listed, i like being organised. Having a friend do those things would wind me up a bit.
Reply 62
denty5
i dont mean a dick head, i mean someone who is nice they just have a laugh with their friends and wanna have more fun than those who stay in one club all night, being boring. why dont any of you seem to want a friend who is fun?

Actually, judging from your original post, I'd say that you could not have offered a more succinct definition of 'dickhead' if you'd consulted Urban Dictionary.
A good friend is a balanced friend. A person you can have fun with but also talk to seriously if you need to. Nobody likes someone who's sole aspiration is entertainment.
Reply 64
No thank you. I'm too chilled for all that excitement!
Reply 65
Not anymore, I was a bit lke that in first year, going to different clubs etc and actually I don't mind walking back after a night out rather than taxi, it is more interesting and saves money. But you reach a point where you think, **** I've got some serious work to do this week which will affect me so I better just have some downtime. Being reckless with money and blowing it all on holidays and drinking etc is all well and good when you dont have bills and what not to pay for, but when you do you've got to be a bit more careful!
yeah why not, apart from the drunk-alot thing.
Reply 67
clubbing is boring, and going to loads of clubs in one night is just more expensive. If the person was really exciting, they'd do something else.

I wouldnt be good friends with a person like that, but I do know people who would.
denty5
someone who always wants to have fun and be impulsive, say book a holiday for the following day, get drunk quite alot, even if theyv got work the next day. some one who on a night out wants to go to loads of different bars and have loads of drinks and be adventurous. someone whos not scared to skive a day off. someone who would find going out at like 11pm cuz ya bored, fun.

They sound pretty normal. Better that than boring. Now you've mentioned, I'm going to book a holiday.
Reply 69
I probably would want to be friends with them, they sound fun :smile:
no way
EskimoJo
So why would they, when making a post where it's obvious they're wondering why they don't have proper friends and are trying to sell themselves in the best light, would they make 90% or the post about going out/getting drunk?
My point is I don't know anything about what they're like the rest of the week when they might 'be like me' because all they think is important to talk about is the fact that they like being drunk (oh, and a bit of spontaneous travelling - also quite unappealing to me btw) and that makes me a bit wary/puts me off a little. Ok? :smile:

Yeah, ok :smile:
For a short while, but it'd get tiring.
Reply 73
Profesh
Actually, judging from your original post, I'd say that you could not have offered a more succinct definition of 'dickhead' if you'd consulted Urban Dictionary.

Why so? I'm pretty shocked at people's interpretation in this thread of this kind of person. What is so wrong with acting on impulse, being spontaneous and trying to have fun?
Reply 74
Ste9890
Why so? I'm pretty shocked at people's interpretation in this thread of this kind of person. What is so wrong with acting on impulse, being spontaneous and trying to have fun?

Because hes trying to hard to be a character on Skins or something. He isnt being spontaneous hes trying to work out the best way for people to think and say "oooh have you met X? He's so much fun, this one time he..."
Reply 75
Trigger
Because hes trying to hard to be a character on Skins or something. He isnt being spontaneous hes trying to work out the best way for people to think and say "oooh have you met X? He's so much fun, this one time he..."

Not just trying to enjoy life then? You're all so negative on here.
A bit OTT, so no.
Reply 77
Ste9890
Not just trying to enjoy life then? You're all so negative on here.

Trying to impress your friends all the time doesn't sound like a life enjoyed to me...
Reply 78
This forum is full of pedantic people. OP there's nothing wrong with that, I have a few friends like that and they manage to go about their daily life fine, they can go out and party during the week but they don't skive off work.
Reply 79
londonboym
Right, so if you have fun or loosen up, then you're going to end up alcoholic/poor/lonely or all of the above?

and maybe the 'people like him' only want to be around boring people when they have a problem or are upset, because it's the only time that they are on the same wave length as boring people. Fun people might have a bad time every so often, but boring people live a bad time and convince themselves that fun is a silly thing.

no, you completely missed the point: fun is not a bad thing, everyone likes to have fun; It should not however, be your main priority because you end up achieving absolutely nothing in life. Which is why you can end up alcoholic/poor/lonely or all of the above if you don't sort out your priorities.

Of course, this was all explained in my first post: but where's the excitement in reading something when you can just jump to inflammatory conclusions? /end sarcasm

Latest

Trending

Trending