The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Junxion - smoking?!

Okay I'm filling out my accomodation form for the Junxion, and I'm stuck on the do you smoke question, as I do occasionally smoke (but don't get the opportunity nowadays due to the raised age) and I know I probably will start up properly again when not at home (as another reason is FEAR OF DEATH from the parents - they know vaguely as a brand new 20 pack went missing from my wardrobe when I went away for the weekend, grr)

I'd like to be in a smoking flat, but still don't want my parents to find out - is there any way they could know?

Does the Junxion even have smoking flats, anyway?

Please, no "you shouldn't smoke anyway" comments, as have heard it all before :wink:
Reply 1
Doesn't make a difference, you're not supposed to smoke inside (sets off the alarms but people just shove a bag over the top of them when lighting up) but in my "non smoking" flat 2 of them used to steal an ashtray and light up in the kitchen when cooking and one other stayed in his room with fog drifting out from under his door. Tick smoking and you'll probably be placed with others who have also ticked it, but the amount of people who's parents fill in the forms and forcefully tick non smoking you'd probably end up in a smoking flat anyway.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Nah there isnt any way of your parents finding out that you want to be in a smoking flat. Im not sure why they bother asking anyway, because theres a courtyard to smoke in & if you're too lazy to go down then you just smoke next to the window.
And I dont think they have 'smoking flats' either, its probably just there because you get the odd one or two people who really have something against smokers and so dont want to be in a flat with them. Think they pretty much just stick people wherever though!

Latest