The Student Room Group

Chasing up applications

If a university says it plans to get all its applicants interviewed and accepted or rejected within five weeks, and it's been two weeks since I applied and they haven't been in touch except for an automatic email acknowledging my application, can I start badgering them yet? I've got two people agreeing to supervise, so I should at least be called to interview (no?), and I need it to be sorted quickly, as this silly institution will only consider candidates for funding if they've sent out an offer by the funding deadline. That's right - applicants can get punished internally for slow admin staff! The five week deadline would also take me three days beyond the last funding deadline :frown:
Reply 1
LLB Kevin
If a university says it plans to get all its applicants interviewed and accepted or rejected within five weeks, and it's been two weeks since I applied and they haven't been in touch except for an automatic email acknowledging my application, can I start badgering them yet? I've got two people agreeing to supervise, so I should at least be called to interview (no?), and I need it to be sorted quickly, as this silly institution will only consider candidates for funding if they've sent out an offer by the funding deadline. That's right - applicants can get punished internally for slow admin staff! The five week deadline would also take me three days beyond the last funding deadline :frown:

I suppose you could do a bit of polite badgering by pointing out the funding deadline you'll have to meet and asking if they could notify you about the outcome of your application a bit earlier. They probably just haven't made their decisions yet, though, in which case there's nothing you can do about it, really (other than curse them under your breath and go elsewhere).
Reply 2
badger, but be nice and friendly! these people have your future in their hands...

Ideally go and see them if that is possible, always better than an email.

But don't annoy them

Latest

Trending

Trending