The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
so you actually lied for your GCSE results on your ucas application? well i would be very worried if i was you
Reply 2
So you just made up the grades you put on your form?
why did you estimate???!
Contact the uni and talk to the admissions team.

What do mean by estimated? Hadn't you got the grades confirmed by the exam boards at that point in time? If you hadn't got the grades confirmed you may be okay, but if you had them but misremembered them then they may think it a bit suss .... unless you took them 20 years ago or something :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Lixhul
Hi, well I have an unconditional offer for Sheffield Hallam Business and Management....

But I estimated some of my GCSE's, and well I've just found them today and I only have 3-4 C's!! The rest are D's!!!

Sheffield want me to bring my qualifications in and also my GCSE results in. But now I am afraid that my offer will be void now because of the goddamn GCSE's.

Am I stuffed? Thanks.
Well it might be, but the only thing to do is to declare the issue straight away and hope for the best. You'd better have a convincing reason why you 'estimated' your grades in the first place. Even now you are 'estimating' - is it 3 Cs or 4?
You're screwed, possibly.
Reply 7
It's 4 C's. Well the reason is because I could not find them and basically I said I had 5 A-C's because I THOUGHT I did! I thought my English Literature is a C but it's only a D.

I was in a rush with the form but everything else is true... Should I ring them up and tell them the situation then?
Reply 8
not knowing what grades you have is never a good sign

your screwed
Reply 9
Contact the university admissions team and ask them.
You can also contact UCAS.
Talk to the careers adviser in your college if you trust her.
When you contact the university and UCAS I would try not to reveal my identity until I knew the possible consequences.
Yes, ring them up.
Reply 11
Lixhul
It's 4 C's. Well the reason is because I could not find them and basically I said I had 5 A-C's because I THOUGHT I did! I thought my English Literature is a C but it's only a D.

I was in a rush with the form but everything else is true... Should I ring them up and tell them the situation then?
Yes, the sooner the better. Be honest, and see what happens. Depending on your other qualifications it may be OK but leaving it won't resolve the problem and could make it less likely that they will be lenient.
Lixhul

Im not sure it will tbh, I would tell you to research and prepare properly before completing a document. But maybe because its just one grade it might be ok if you explain it properly with a VERY good excuse as to why you didnt fill them in accurately in teh first place.
Reply 13
Well the true story is, is that my GCSE results have been in my dads safe for years, and I didnt want him to know I was going to apply for University until my application was complete. And I seriously thought I knew them, plus in my mind I thought there only GSCE's surely the UCAS points matter more.

So I put maybe 2 or 3 wrong results in, such as English Lit C, when it was a D, P.E. as C, when it was a D, and I.T. C, when it was a D.

But fortunately at the minute my Maths and English are both C's which I put down, and my PSHD was B, which I also put down. Everything else is right because I just got my BTEC results and so they was not in a safe.

I'm ****** if I dont go to university I am not staying in Grimsby for another year to resit a ****** GCSE. I'm 19 and work at sainsbury's, and was in a rush ! I am very worried now.
You're screwed, unfortunately.
I'm 19 and work at sainsbury's, and was in a rush ! I am very worried now.

That is pathetic. And you expect them to sympathise with you when you cant get your act together to fill out a document that will effect the rest of your life?
Reply 16
Lixhul
Well the true story is, is that my GCSE results have been in my dads safe for years, and I didnt want him to know I was going to apply for University until my application was complete. And I seriously thought I knew them, plus in my mind I thought there only GSCE's surely the UCAS points matter more.

So I put maybe 2 or 3 wrong results in, such as English Lit C, when it was a D, P.E. as C, when it was a D, and I.T. C, when it was a D.

But fortunately at the minute my Maths and English are both C's which I put down, and my PSHD was B, which I also put down. Everything else is right because I just got my BTEC results and so they was not in a safe.

I'm ****** if I dont go to university I am not staying in Grimsby for another year to resit a ****** GCSE. I'm 19 and work at sainsbury's, and was in a rush ! I am very worried now.
The advice above still stands.
Reply 17
How did you get into 6th Form/College, I thought most required 5 A*-C grades?
To be fair, this is Hallam and 2 Ds and a swimming badge usually suffice ;D, just kidding - it's a Uni v Hallam thing!
It is a bit of a big error though to put several wrong results, phone them up asap and maybe they'll be lenient.
Reply 18
Well this is what I thought because I got straight into a BTEC course and so I thought I had 5 GCSE's. Maybe I do, but the document I have found in front of me tells me otherwise.

Well I just rang them and someone answered saying call back tomorrow. Am pissed off now this was an accident and if a bloody GCSE stands in my way for University then, I'll be a happy chap.
Reply 19
Lixhul
Well this is what I thought because I got straight into a BTEC course and so I thought I had 5 GCSE's. Maybe I do, but the document I have found in front of me tells me otherwise.

Well I just rang them and someone answered saying call back tomorrow. Am pissed off now this was an accident and if a bloody GCSE stands in my way for University then, I'll be a happy chap.

I hate to say it, but an accident that could easily have been avoided by checking your results before applying :rolleyes: Did your college not check your application before it got sent and pick it up?

Latest

Trending

Trending