The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
???
seeing as it was this saturday its pretty fresh in my memory. I spent the morning at home getting up slowly, then opened my prezzies with my family. In the afternoon I went to my uni town and sat in the pub with two of my ex housemates and then in the evening a bunch of my closest mates turned up and we had a massive fun drunk silly chatting/storytelling/showing off/discussion thing. It was pretty awesome, my friends made the day really
Drunk in a pub with 15 of my friends.
Reply 4
yes i think alcohol will be involved in mine.
Reply 5
Havin a party. Just hired out part of a club today :smile:
Reply 6
On the night before, I went out in my uni town; the next day I got up, had breakfast, and got a train home, where I went out for dinner with the family and then some home friends assembled at my house, disappeared down the pub, then got a taxi into Glasgow for a night out.
Reply 7
I think parties are too stressful and expensive. I'd rather take the money and spend it on me, lol - like towards a holiday.
Reply 8
Why is turning 21 such a big thing? Have asked people about it, but no-one seem to really be able to explain it.
Reply 9
yenoh
Why is turning 21 such a big thing? Have asked people about it, but no-one seem to really be able to explain it.

Coming of age I guess. I don't think it is a really big thing but my parents think differently.
Reply 10
My boyfriends 21st is in July and he's hiring out a boat along northolk broads which'll be awesome =]
Was living in Germany, my family forgot to send me anything. I just chilled out with my mate, then went to have dinner with some family who remembered. Was quite cool.
Reply 12
museobsessed
seeing as it was this saturday

HBD.

Mine is next wednesday. I am going home to go out for a lovely friend's birthday the day before. Then on the day I might go to another lovely friend's party as his birthday is also the day before. Then at the weekend I might go out for a curry with two or three of the other people I can tolerate.
yenoh

Yeah, coming of age becoming an adult...can be legal everywhere in the world.
Reply 14
Me and my housemate/best mate at the time have our birthdays on the same day. We held a week long houseparty, absolute carnage, i can remember almost none of it except i know for a fact it was ace lol
do you think you should plan your own birthday events or let others do it for you?

just interested in peoples opinions, sounds like most people here planned their own celebrations, and i would want to plan my own as well. i just know someone who expects it to be planned for them which is also fair enough i suppose.
loopykitten!
do you think you should plan your own birthday events or let others do it for you?

just interested in peoples opinions, sounds like most people here planned their own celebrations, and i would want to plan my own as well. i just know someone who expects it to be planned for them which is also fair enough i suppose.

Plan your own. I'd never let someone else do it as how would they know what I'd want to do. It might not go to plan. Its nice to have surprises planned by others like little presents, but I've never heard of that before.
I was working at Walt Disney World in America at the time. I spent the morning at the Magic Kingdom park, where I worked, with a friend, and then we travelled to the Epcot park and I got drunk (he wasn't 21) in the Rose & Crown Pub in the UK pavillion. Got talking to a couple of Microsoft employee's and had a drink with them. On the night, I went for a meal with a girl whose birthday was the same day, with her friends, and then went to a house party back at my accomodation. I was seriously ill in work the next day, especially considering it was my first drinking session for over two months.
questionmark
Plan your own. I'd never let someone else do it as how would they know what I'd want to do. It might not go to plan. Its nice to have surprises planned by others like little presents, but I've never heard of that before.

yeh thats what i would say, ah well... some people see things differently.

I have a 21st to plan... not my own hence the question.
Reply 19
When in a few pubs with my Sister her BF and my sisters friend, non of my mates had any money

Latest

Trending

Trending