The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1
charmingp
anyone had their accomodation forms through or know which halls they are gonna apply to?

I haven't had my accomodation form through yet- have you? I'm thinking about applying for catered, maybe Holland Hall? Really not sure yet.............What about you? I'm getting 2 the stage now that I really want to go!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
No i haven't had mine yet either. I think ill go for holland hall aswell. Although everyone says that we probably wont get in because so many people apply for it and gap year people tend to get the places first. I think ill put mardon second, hope third.

what subject you doing?
Reply 3
I also have not heard yet. hopefully it will come soon
Reply 4
charmingp
No i haven't had mine yet either. I think ill go for holland hall aswell. Although everyone says that we probably wont get in because so many people apply for it and gap year people tend to get the places first. I think ill put mardon second, hope third.

what subject you doing?

Yeah, I think it will be tough to get in, but unless we try we'll never know! I'm going to be doing Law, wot about you?
Mardon looked really nice when we passed it on the open day, but they wouldn't let us into any halls, so really I've got no idea about any of them until the pack comes through. I'm not even sure what many of them look like coz there are no pic's of them on the accomodation section on the website!
I had a look at Hope hall on the Law Open day and it looked nice, a place I would be happy living. Holland hall looked a bit like a hotel and talking to the current students it sounded as if the atmosphere was a bit like a hotel and that it was more difficult to make friends. May be they were just a bit jealous at not getting the best accomodation! If I chose exeter my first choice accomodation will be Hope hall and then Mardon hall, they seemed really friendly and welcoming.
Reply 6
im doing history. yeah everyone says holland hall is really insociable but i really want my own bathroom hehe
Reply 7
hi, i'm new to the forum, i'll be there on october as i have already been accepted for an abroad year. do you reccomend halls of residence or is self catering cool also? i haven't got the accomodation papers yet and the site hasn't been updated.
reading the descriptions, i thought the best places for me to stay at would be Elmbrook Cottage or Elmbrook house because washington singer is near and i'm going there for psychology, Hope cottage sounds nice also.

Latest

Trending

Trending