The Student Room Group

facebook..confused

you know on the top right of your facebook homepage where you search for people on your friends list to look at their profile?

well if you pressed a letter your friends beginning with that letter used to come up alphabetically... but now they seem to come up randomly.

Is it who you look at most or what?

and also can you change it back to alphabetical or reset it or whatever?!
Reply 1
lol, does it really bother you that much?
Reply 2
yes! i just want to know what order it's in...
Reply 3
ohh..i didnt notice that till i jus checked it out now..yhh it is pretty annoyin! hmm..but i dunno how to change it sorry!
Reply 4
woweee
yes! i just want to know what order it's in...

I never noticed it to be honest!
Reply 5
Doesn't it just come up with people whose names contain the letter, or combination or letters, you enter? Hasn't it always been like that?
Reply 6
RNBen
Doesn't it just come up with people whose names contain the letter, or combination or letters, you enter? Hasn't it always been like that?

yeah but it's changed recently, i think it might be the people with that letter that you've searched for and looked at the most..
On mine, after a couple minutes of messing about, this is what I have found. It comes up alphabetically, starting with the surname. So a surname of "Davidson" will come up before a first name of "David". But I just noticed that someone with no network (a blank space under their name) will come up first in that situation, based on their first name. (As in, David Jones, if he has no network, will come up first, before Alex Davidson, if I type D. Whereas Alex Davidson would come up first if David Jones and him were in the same network.)

And if you click on someone, they will come up first in the list, until you X the tab/window and open a new one, whereby its reset.
I just keep typing till I get the person I want.

Latest

Trending

Trending