University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
hey Im going to do geography and history :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Hello, I am debatin between Geog BSc at liverpool or leeds, cnt decide..
Whats making you choose leeds?

wb :biggrin:
Reply 3
I don't know where to go! My other options are Liverpool, Lancaster, Aberysywth and Hull.
LeedsI have been before, I didnt enjoy the subject I was doing and didnt get on with my flatmates, so I dropped out. I did like it, and would like to go back, but Ive been a bit put off and am looking round to see what else is outhere. Plus, everywehre else offers me a grant/scholarship. Id also go in cheaper accomodation this time as last time I though some people were abit snobby and being a northern girl myself, I wasnt really into all of that!

Liverpool I like, and hear is one of the best, redbrick Unis for having a good mix of state to private schooled students in comparison to others - Im abit overly paranoid about that now! Aber is Beautiful - I love the place, and would go hands down but the course isnt really as flexible as others and the modules dont interest me as much. And I like Lancaster to, though it seemed abit posh, just because at Leeds, I found it a bit too big at times, a bit lost, and think on campus would be great as everythings close by!I meant to join a sports team in Leeds but the pitches were like 40 minutes away from my accomodation and never in the end. So Im caught between basically reputation, the size of the place, and the student population.

Is it just between those two? Where are you leaning towards at the minute?
Reply 4
I have offers for Liverpool twise, one for geog and the other for geol/geog, manchester, lancaster and leeds.
I cant decide between them..
As i see u are from St Helens, i am too, and liverpool is only 20 minutes down the road, if i needed to drive in during the second year, whereas leeds is a train ride costing 15/20 each time.
Liverpool and Leeds have the same course content, just at leeds there seems to be more choice of trip like to new zealand or study abroad to australia, whereas liverpool they go to santa cruiz which is somthing like 800+ and thats about it.
The accomodation is alot cheaper in liverpool around 60-70 per week for a standard room, bathroom sharing. and leeds it seems to be 80 minimum for a single room.
The distance from the uni to the city is closer in liverpool, but leeds is only 20 minutes?

What are you planning on doing once graduated?
Leeds is my insurance!
Reply 6
ASTUF
I have offers for Liverpool twise, one for geog and the other for geol/geog, manchester, lancaster and leeds.
I cant decide between them..
As i see u are from St Helens, i am too, and liverpool is only 20 minutes down the road, if i needed to drive in during the second year, whereas leeds is a train ride costing 15/20 each time.
Liverpool and Leeds have the same course content, just at leeds there seems to be more choice of trip like to new zealand or study abroad to australia, whereas liverpool they go to santa cruiz which is somthing like 800+ and thats about it.
The accomodation is alot cheaper in liverpool around 60-70 per week for a standard room, bathroom sharing. and leeds it seems to be 80 minimum for a single room.
The distance from the uni to the city is closer in liverpool, but leeds is only 20 minutes?

What are you planning on doing once graduated?

Yeah, theer's no way you could commute to Leeds, thats madness.
Liverpool I hear the parking for the Uni is pretty shocking, my mate said train is much better? Liverpool do Erasmus where you can spend a semester abroad (Florence i think) as part of your degree, whereas in Leeds youd have to extend it by a year to do the study abroad. And, as fun as that would be, its not cheap. So thats a no for me. Plus, all your mates will normally be on 3 year degrees, you might not having too many people to live with in your 4th and final year, etc etc.
Yeah Leeds isnt too far into the city. Lupton is £70 but youd probably want bus pass on top of that. I havent seen any accomodation in Lpool that cheap, where you looking? everyone says to go greenbank/carnatic, as the campus ones are mainly more international students and stuff.

Have you been on an open day yet?
I used to go Leeds so know what its like, but Im going the Lpool open day on Wednesday. Have visited Lancaster already, quite liked it though it did seem very academic. But a cute little place, not too overwhelming and Im sure alot more tight knit than other places.
Reply 7
yerr, i was looking at greenbank. think i am guna go for Geology and Physical Geography at Liverpool as me first!! looks good!
I have been to two liverpool open days, and at both, was impressed.
let us know were u decide :biggrin:
Reply 8
im doing geography and geology at leeds as my firm and marine geography at cardiff as my insurance :biggrin:
Reply 9
leeds is my firm :smile: i really hope i get the grades!
I did geography at Leeds and graduated 2007 - it was awesome, great course, fantastic city, glad I did it!

Latest