The Student Room Group

Economics colleges

Hey guys i was just wanting to know which college is best for economics, Jesus, Clare or Sidney Sussex. Also could anyone give me any information about them such as student type/sports/college life. Also does anyone know the specifics of entry, for eg does every1 have to take the TSA? Cheers for any help. P.S. would the tutors look down on me if i was applying whilst taking my gap year and does it matter if i am doing nothing economics-related during my gap year.
Reply 1
car bomb01
Hey guys i was just wanting to know which college is best for economics, Jesus, Clare or Sidney Sussex. Also could anyone give me any information about them such as student type/sports/college life. Also does anyone know the specifics of entry, for eg does every1 have to take the TSA? Cheers for any help. P.S. would the tutors look down on me if i was applying whilst taking my gap year and does it matter if i am doing nothing economics-related during my gap year.

why those 3?

Isnt trinity the best for economics?

i think jesus is really nice.....v.underated
clare is also nice

dunno nethin bout sidney (but suspect that clare and jesus are harder to get into)

i dont think u can get specific subject information but heres an overal league table:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8405-1246317,00.html

but all colleges look v similar (the difference seems small)

so apply to where u feel ull be most happi at
Reply 2
from friends:

Sidney Likes state school people
Clare and Jesus seem indifferent.
Jesus (I have researched this) has the biggest eco department and biggest eco intake out of all the ones you specified. I have been to the open day at Both Clare and Jesus, and clare only take like 3-5 economists a year, while jesus take 8-10
But as afore mentioned, Trinity is apparently the best.
Reply 3
But "the best" means very little. It also means that obsessive compulsive people who spend their lives basing their college decisions on all the internet information they can get, will end up there, and not everyone wants to be like that!

For the gazillionth time, choose a college you like, not the one that's "best" for your subject
Reply 4
I'd choose Clare :smile:
Trinity takes 14-16 economists a year and does not require written work or the TSA. Also its amazing...PM me if you have any questions
Reply 5
car bomb01

Clare is the best in your list. It's very pretty, in my view, has the most beautiful bridge in Cambridge. It also has a very good location--three minites walk to Economics department.

Sidney is opposite Sainsbury....
Reply 6
Caius 1st year accomodation is also very close to Eco dpt.

Latest

Trending

Trending