The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

sunspoon
And if you're an overseas student, you're almost guaranteed to be paired with a UK student to promote integration :smile:

Which means that if you're a home student, then you're very likely to be paired with an international student :biggrin:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 501
I'm a home student, I don't mind either way.

I'll have to get used to it anyway my course is something like 70% international students.
Ahh, why haven't I been allocated a room yet ? Reading this forum, many people already have accommodation!
Reply 503
radicality
Ahh, why haven't I been allocated a room yet ? Reading this forum, many people already have accommodation!

It's only for a few halls the emails have been sent out. I think most people haven't been allocated a room yet.
Pingy
I got a single room in Fisher Hall! hope to see you there :biggrin:

Oh hey there! :biggrin:
I can't wait to move in! :woo:
Reply 505
hey guys - I'm an international postgraduate for coming Oct. Unfortunately Clayponds (think the only hall for PG) is full so they cannot give me a place. If anyone you know that will waive the offer could u pls let me know? Thx a lot!
Not sure you can stay in undergrad halls as a postgrad, if that's what you're asking...
Just got my accommodation email got an en-suite twin room at Falmouth... I knew I would get it... it was the one choice i instantly regretted after i sent off my application... oh i love being me....

All the other accommodation I applied for was <£100, the extra 18 quid will have to come out of my budget (goodbye solid food....)

Oh deary...
:eek3:
oh and by the way, in the youtube video of Southside halls, the dude says that everyone gets their own lockable fridge and freezer... how true is this?
Anyone else still not received an e-mail? :s-smilie:
Reply 509
vanilla_Sky
Anyone else still not received an e-mail? :s-smilie:

I haven't :frown:
Reply 510
rukouine88
Just got my accommodation email got an en-suite twin room at Falmouth... I knew I would get it... it was the one choice i instantly regretted after i sent off my application... oh i love being me....

All the other accommodation I applied for was <£100, the extra 18 quid will have to come out of my budget (goodbye solid food....)

Oh deary...
:eek3:
oh and by the way, in the youtube video of Southside halls, the dude says that everyone gets their own lockable fridge and freezer... how true is this?

It's true, as well as a cupboard. The cupboard is adequate and the fridge and freezer you learn to live with as they're compartments in a big fridge/freezer, but I found after a month or so and when everyone trusted each other, no-one bothered locking their 'own' compartments and most people just stored their food in the large 'communal' fridges and freezers.
Reading my contract, i have to pay £200 pre-rental fee, thats ok i can do that. But then on Oct 3rd they want like £1800. What if my student finance doesn't come through, am i screwed!?
DJB MASTER
Reading my contract, i have to pay £200 pre-rental fee, thats ok i can do that. But then on Oct 3rd they want like £1800. What if my student finance doesn't come through, am i screwed!?

I want to know this too!
lostphotobooth
I want to know this too!

i rang student finance (after being on hold all day long) about a seperate issue but i did ask about this.
they say that the first installment of cash should be on the first day of your course, maybe the day before or after. Still vague as technically the first day of the course could mean the 5th, or even after freshers...
student finance suck.. badly....
Reply 514
rukouine88
i rang student finance (after being on hold all day long) about a seperate issue but i did ask about this.
they say that the first installment of cash should be on the first day of your course, maybe the day before or after. Still vague as technically the first day of the course could mean the 5th, or even after freshers...
student finance suck.. badly....

Imperial's terms officially start on Saturday's and in my case anyway, my account saw an injection the day before on the Friday.
Reply 515
RichUK89
I found after a month or so and when everyone trusted each other, no-one bothered locking their 'own' compartments and most people just stored their food in the large 'communal' fridges and freezers.

Not sure which hall you were in but food theft was rife all year round in Tizard :lol:
Someone actually stole my freezer basket and padlocked it when I had forgotten to lock it!
RichUK89
Imperial's terms officially start on Saturday's and in my case anyway, my account saw an injection the day before on the Friday.

well that's something! how much did u get, if u dont mind me asking. i'm having trouble getting my income assessed stuff done, ive sent it off twice and student finance still say they have no record of it! however they said in the mean time i'd still recieve the basic, non-means tested allowance.. would that be enough to cover the initial £1600 or so i need to pay for accom? plus living expenses?? :confused: :confused:
Reply 517
Ali_
Not sure which hall you were in but food theft was rife all year round in Tizard :lol:
Someone actually stole my freezer basket and padlocked it when I had forgotten to lock it!

I was in Selkirk ironically, by my entire floor got along and we gelled well. Perhaps it was because you're a medic! :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending