The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would say Politics is my easiest subject, and although History isn't one of the hardest, I would say it is a harder version of Politics.
history is my hardest subject and i took economics, maths and politics
LukeWz
your just too damn sexy, lass.

... and who said romance was dead?
Reply 23
Politics is a lot about knowing the background knowledge when you start and being interested in what you're learning. From memory the only part where politics was harder than history for me was the amount we had to write in exams. The exam papers we did were basically 2 papers in 2 hours on the same subject with about 5 small questions and a big essay to do each hour.
How do you answer the source based questions?
History by far, makes politics seem like a doss.
MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SIK
history is my hardest subject and i took economics, maths and politics

Seriously, harder than maths???

I find history my easiest subject. And politics my second hardest after french.

I think it's because politics is more 'rehash generic question plan 2B' whereas with History you actually have to think for yourself, which I prefer.
I think History is harder, especially as I'm self-teaching it :tongue: I really enjoy it though :yep:
Reply 28
History exams are crazy compared to politics, but I actually think History knowledge and interpretation is easier when compared to the vast amount of overlapping issues within politics.
Reply 29
Callum828
Seriously, harder than maths???

I find history my easiest subject. And politics my second hardest after french.

I think it's because politics is more 'rehash generic question plan 2B' whereas with History you actually have to think for yourself, which I prefer.

what do you mean by being able to think for yourself with history but not for politics?
and what exam board is that for :smile:?
Reply 30
Napoleonmagnificent
How do you answer the source based questions?

The way I'm getting taught at the moment is that you have to examine the similarities and differences between the sources, their provenance, typicality and usefulness to historians...I think I've missed quite a few things out there, but they're the basic things you need to cover :biggrin:
menaa-x
what do you mean by being able to think for yourself with history but not for law?
and what exam board is that for :smile:?

Law? Politics.

We're edexcel, but I think it's more the way we are taught it by my teacher. He totally spoon-feeds us everything, I can't stand it.
Reply 32
I imagine History. People are always telling me it's deathly! I take Politics and have always found it to be reasonable enough :smile:
Reply 33
Callum828
Law? Politics.

We're edexcel, but I think it's more the way we are taught it by my teacher. He totally spoon-feeds us everything, I can't stand it.

oops sorry dont know what made me write law!!

isnt edexcel meant to be the harder exam board too?
History by far.
Reply 35
I do history and politics - and from experience history is much harder - I got similar marks in both (only 4 ums marks difference, and history was the higher one) but history took so much more work through term time and was a hell of a lot more revision.
AS politics is about the same level as GCSE history, its really an introduction to the whole thing and more about learning facts than theory and stuff, A2 however is about the same as A level history, well the political theory modules at least.
history =]]
Reply 38
sadie-kiki
I do history and politics - and from experience history is much harder - I got similar marks in both (only 4 ums marks difference, and history was the higher one) but history took so much more work through term time and was a hell of a lot more revision.

so history A/S would be a lot harder if im doing three A2's at the same time? :redface:
Reply 39
History :-)

Latest