The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
J_E_N_N_Y
its in london this year!! i wonder what our theme will be!

Who decides? And when? And do you know what colour my Freshers t-shirt is gonna be yet? :tongue:
AVS sounds amazing!! I would definatly go. Is there an order as to which vet schools host it or is it decided on a yearly basis?
Reply 22
I doubt you'd be able to fit a blow up bed!!! In Dublin, there was a house mix up and we had to fit 50 Notts students into one tiny 3 bed house!!! There were people sleeping on the stairs, in random chairs, all through the hallway and the 3 guys were awesome about it and let people share their bed but in one room there were about 4 people in one single bed! Its all part of the fun.
Reply 23
you probably woulnt go back to one of the halls rooms, you only reaaly go to people who are in houses! they put buses on and stuff..or they should do.
I think there is an order it goes in, but im not sure where notts will come into it. cambridge wont/dont host avs sports weekend though. i think after london it might go to notts. and then i think it goes edin, glasgow, liverpool, dublin, bristol, london. I think it moves round in a anti clockwise direction so i think i have edin and glasgow the correct way round. we last hosted it in 06.

our theme is decided about a month-2months before hand. The avs reps decide it with input from there mates and things i presume. 5th years decide on there own theme.
Sorry i have no idea what colour your t shirt will be! but the last 3 years have been coloured ones and have been blue, yellow and then we had orange. so maybe green? red? no idea.
ooo i wonder who your buddy will be milly. pretty much all the fresher guys get female buddies, and then all the male buddies get female freshers and then cause there are more girls the rest of the girls get female buddies. Or at least thats how it worked this year.
Reply 24
J_E_N_N_Y
you probably woulnt go back to one of the halls rooms, you only reaaly go to people who are in houses! they put buses on and stuff..or they should do.
I think there is an order it goes in, but im not sure where notts will come into it. cambridge wont/dont host avs sports weekend though. i think after london it might go to notts. and then i think it goes edin, glasgow, liverpool, dublin, bristol, london. I think it moves round in a anti clockwise direction so i think i have edin and glasgow the correct way round. we last hosted it in 06.

our theme is decided about a month-2months before hand. The avs reps decide it with input from there mates and things i presume. 5th years decide on there own theme.
Sorry i have no idea what colour your t shirt will be! but the last 3 years have been coloured ones and have been blue, yellow and then we had orange. so maybe green? red? no idea.
ooo i wonder who your buddy will be milly. pretty much all the fresher guys get female buddies, and then all the male buddies get female freshers and then cause there are more girls the rest of the girls get female buddies. Or at least thats how it worked this year.

Exciting!
Are the second years the buddies? Or third, or...? When do I find out who my buddy is?! :tongue:
Reply 25
mainly 3rd and 4th years with a few 2nd and 5th years. you find out on the meet the buddy night, which is the first event of vet freshers which starts on the sunday of freshers.
did eveyone get their Notts letter today? (about accom and finance etc...)
V. exciting -actually seems real now -lol :smile:
Reply 27
Haha, yesssss! With the weird fridge magnet thingy :smile:

Aww I'm so so excited! I just wish RVC would hurry up and let us know so I can decide which to firm -its gotta be notts with Liv reserve atm! FAGV what accom do you reckon you're gona go for? I want to be in the new blocks with the common room bits but are they the really expensive ones?? Also is anyone taking their horse? Apparently theres only 12 spaces :eek: I'm supposed to be taking on my mates horse (aka 'The Spaz') as shes working and her mom wants her to get ridden more often but I really dont wana have to consider a yard ages away!!
Reply 28
I want a Bristol letter :frown:
lol i obly just found the magnet wen i read this :smile: lovin it notts are just so cute :smile:
Reply 30
Theres more stable spaces now schmel, theyve built 4 new ones. And suprisingly its not always over subscribed, I think there's 2 spare spaces atm. But if you dont manage to get a stable on campus, there are livery yards in Kegworth and Sutton Bonington. SB is only a 15 min walk ish from campus, Kegworth takes around 30 mins so you may want a car when you go down in the mornings otherwise you'll have to get up stupidly early. Depends on if you're a morning person :p: so dont worry about it, there's plenty of options
Reply 31
Thanks Tiny_Tiger! Thats not too bad then :smile: Do you think it would be manageble to have a horse there? I took my horse to uni first time round although just for the first 2 years as final year was too crazy hectic! Are you bombarded with work in the first two years or would I be able to cope?? I'm ok with early mornings...At uni I used to go out, get in a 3ish, be on the yard at 6:30, lectures at 9 and then out again the next night (cat naps were lifesavers!) I'd love to take her but dont want to be stressed out if workload is crazy!
Reply 32
Nah theres a few vets who have horses and they cope fine, there's a few from each year so even as you go up through the years its still manageable. The work load is fine, you just have to manage it well. Most people find that having their horse is actually a stress reliever. You have to spend time looking after them and riding etc so it gets you out and about and not stuck behind a desk working!
Ok I may be being dense or extremely unobservant but what is AVS?
Reply 34
I don't quite know what it stands for...
But it's basically a get-together of all the vet schools, all years - come together for fun and games and drinking :wink: It happens anually, hosted by one of the seven universities (Dublin is included, but Notts isn't yet!), and it rotates every year as to who hosts it. Each vet school has a theme to dress up as (like bumblebees or something!) for the weekend. And to accommodate the numbers of students who pitch up all the second years upwards take home a gang of people from the other vet schools to sleep on their floor!
Basically a full on party!

Nt very eloquently put, I'm afraid! I'm a bit merry!
schmel86
Haha, yesssss! With the weird fridge magnet thingy :smile:
FAGV what accom do you reckon you're gona go for?QUOTE]

erm...I would actually quite like to do the student flat share thing- between 4-10 people it says- well, actually it says "4-10 friends", but I don't know anyone else who is going that wants to do the flat share thingy....:redface:
It does sound awsome though :yep:
The fridge magnet is a legend- I stuck it up straight away :biggrin:
Reply 36
emilyyy
I don't quite know what it stands for...

Association of Veterinary Students :woo:
Reply 37
So, are there parking spaces to bring a car tinytiger? Even for 1st years?
Reply 38
Yep, theres plenty of spaces, you just have to apply for a permit but theyre free and simple to get
Reply 39
dont forget that the full intake hasnt been acheived yet, so parking might get tighter as years fill up

Latest

Trending

Trending