The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I hope he's in custardy.
Reply 41
If we're making jokes then at the very least, she should get a custardiol sentence!

Though I think you're all taking this a trifle too seriously.
I can't believe that she has actually got away with it! If you threw custard over some randomer in the street you would earn yoursef a criminal record...why should this be any different? (And where the hell was the security?!)
Reply 43
Allthewayhome
I was quite surprised that there wasn't body guards or at least a significant police presence

Well, that's still by far the way of it these days for most cabinet ministers. Important ones like the Home Secretary would be entitled to police guards, but I doubt he is considered important enough. Douglas Alexander certainly wanders around near where I live without anything like that, or any protection at his home: not so much as a wall.
She was quite hot, for a protestor
Reply 45
^^^Wasn't she
wow it's that easy to get close to a senior politician like that?

Imagine if that had been a cup full of caustic soda or conc HCL....ouch.
I read somewhere the stupid women tryed to get the Sun banned at her UNi shop
Reply 48
Allthewayhome
I'm not sure - Mandelson has this quiet mean edge i think - he'd fight dirty and look good doing it. Exactly what i want from my unelected official. :tongue:

I was quite surprised that there wasn't body guards or at least a significant police presence and I do share similar sentiments the abuse of this ability.

Mandelson is entitled to a 24 hour security presence as an Ex Northern Ireland secretary. He, however, has said that he doesn't want it, so he has a fairly minimal security entourage. No doubt that'll change now...
Reply 49
Ye, I saw this as soon as it happened on BBC Breakfast, it was really funny.

The presenters didn't really know what to say.
Elipsis
The democratic process went against her, tough luck.

You mean someone waved cash at the government and they buckled.

Good on her. The gov needs more wake-up calls like this
Reply 51
JohnKennedy
I agree, I don't like Mandelson myself, but this shows such contempt for the government that I would be offended if I were British.

When the Iraqi journalist threw his shoe at Bush, I felt offended as an American, I don't support Bush at all but it just disgusts me for people to behave this way.

Yeah you're right there are better ways of showing contempt for the government than assault. Like not voting for them, or confronting them in verbal badinage. Or if you are hideously right wing: criticising their policies on wild rants in the Telegraph/Mail's readers page, about immigrants and the credit crunch being caused by the Jewish bankers and Tony Blair's/Gordon Brown's secret Kabal of economists across the globe. :smile:

She should be put in custardy. Someone's already made that joke I bet, but I don't care. :tongue:
Reply 52
I have nothing but contempt for protesters who commit actions like this.

Don't they realise that they just make themselves look bad?
Shame is was only custard. Now wheres the lieing hypocrite Jaqui smith? She is so ******* fat and ugly a bottle of sulphuric acid would only improve her appearance.

Edit - kick the lot of labour in a ******* deep vat of something caustic an be done with them.
Reply 54
i don't like peter mandelson but what that women did was horrible! luckily ii was only custard but it could have been acid, and he had no protection.
Reply 55
Sophie_10
i don't like peter mandelson but what that women did was horrible! luckily ii was only custard but it could have been acid, and he had no protection.

A cup full of alkali is worse, it's pretty unrepairable. Don't ask how I know that. :smile:
Reply 56
JohnKennedy
I agree, I don't like Mandelson myself, but this shows such contempt for the government that I would be offended if I were British.

When the Iraqi journalist threw his shoe at Bush, I felt offended as an American, I don't support Bush at all but it just disgusts me for people to behave this way.

hmm, Bush got off easy with a shoe. My dad was talking to a Greek colleague about the incident, whom felt that Bush ought to be shot for his troubles !
:smile:
Reply 57
JMonkey
A cup full of alkali is worse, it's pretty unrepairable. Don't ask how I know that. :smile:

haha okay i won't ask! but you got my point!
fallout?
hmm, Bush got off easy with a shoe. My dad was talking to a Greek colleague about the incident, whom felt that Bush ought to be shot for his troubles !
:smile:

:rollseyes:
I was amazed how she was able to just saunter out the gate afterwards

it was funny, but kinda worrying that someone could get away with that... poor petey

Latest

Trending

Trending