The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
shanshan
hello what would you choose over cass and warwick?
thx

I have the same offers from warwick and cass for msc management...heading to cass since i want to be in london and prefer the course structure there..hope to see you at cass if you do end up going there:smile: cheers
Reply 21
Go for Cass , its really good. And its location is definelty a plus.
Reply 22
bullocks
I have the same offers from warwick and cass for msc management...heading to cass since i want to be in london and prefer the course structure there..hope to see you at cass if you do end up going there:smile: cheers

oo damn, cuz i thought warwick has a better reputation than Cass and I m actually form Asia and unluckily cass isnt that well known in there, thats the case,
im struggling about it, btw, hv u applied to IC or LSE? got any returns from them?
Reply 23
Multiplexed
I applied to LSE, Warwick, Cass & Kings too. So far, have got offers from all except LSE (am currently on the waiting list) for their management related courses. As long as you meet their minimum requirements, you always have a chance especially with social sciences like management. They will be paying special attention to your personal statement and your references, so as long as you meet the minimum requirement, make sure your PS and references are top notch and you should have a good chance.

hello so u end up picking which as ur choice? cass or kings or warwick? as i got the same situation as u
Reply 24
shanshan
oo damn, cuz i thought warwick has a better reputation than Cass and I m actually form Asia and unluckily cass isnt that well known in there, thats the case,
im struggling about it, btw, hv u applied to IC or LSE? got any returns from them?

i wouldn't say it's not well known in asia. it all depends on the circle of people you interact with. like many things we use to support our case, most input are subjective.

just a few weeks ago i was leaning towards manchester business school. my parents had met a graduate from MBS in China and personally vouched for Cass's edge over MBS. again, it all depends to whom you talk to in the industry.
Reply 25
Cass is the best. only LSE , LBS and Cambridge can beat it.. close your eyes and go for cass
I too faced the same dilemma and i have confirmed cass...
^... that's wrong.

shanshan
hello what would you choose over cass and warwick?
thx

Warwick definitely.
Reply 27
bhatsunil
Cass is the best. only LSE , LBS and Cambridge can beat it.. close your eyes and go for cass
I too faced the same dilemma and i have confirmed cass...

y u say cass is the best? any reason for it?
thx alot!
shanshan
anyone has offers from LSE MAnagement can share their background as well?
cheers

Graduated with first class honours in Business Computing and currently doing MRes in Manufacturing from Cranfield Uni. Received unconditional offer for MSc Management Organisation and Governance. I will only pursue if LSE will provide me atleast 50% financial support:smile: Otherwise I cant afford it.
Reply 29
haha there will always be a tug-of-war between students of Cass and Warwick.

future students of Cass will always support their school and ditto for Warwick. again, it ALWAYS depends on which program you are taking and where you'd enjoy studying.

to AbbyCA - those schools shouldn't be too far of a reach. in your case, your recommendation letter would be your greatest weapon, so make sure you communicate your strengths clearly before your referees starts writing. your resume seems to be pretty good since it shows that you keep yourself busy.

of your list, LSE should be your first choice. imperial, warwick, and cass should be your second choices (we can spend hours arguing which school is better, and it won't help the thread starter at all).

hope this helps.
Reply 30
if you are looking for international acceptance , then CASS is best..
CASS is listed in Businessweek rankings and Forbes rankings of USA and Economists - Which MBA and FT..
whereas Warwick Business School does not feature in any of the best Bschools of the world as listed by both Businessweek and Forbes, which are both USbased !
Plus, CASS Msc program has a brilliant structure.. with business simulation exercise, Business research project with 12 subjects.. Whereas Warwick course, which is relatively new , has only 6 subjects..
If you want to gain knowledge, you know where to head..
And Warwick has mentioned clearly in its website that the course is suited for people with non mathematical backgrounds ..If you have a quant - background, whats the point applying?

" I am speaking of Msc Management" course. CASS is undoubtedly ranked 2nd in UK and 15th worldwide..
Plus it has the London Advantage!
Reply 31
jhleung
to AbbyCA - those schools shouldn't be too far of a reach. in your case, your recommendation letter would be your greatest weapon, so make sure you communicate your strengths clearly before your referees starts writing. your resume seems to be pretty good since it shows that you keep yourself busy.

Thanks for the advice!! :smile:
Reply 32
bhatsunil
if you are looking for international acceptance , then CASS is best..
CASS is listed in Businessweek rankings and Forbes rankings of USA and Economists - Which MBA and FT..
whereas Warwick Business School does not feature in any of the best Bschools of the world as listed by both Businessweek and Forbes, which are both USbased !
Plus, CASS Msc program has a brilliant structure.. with business simulation exercise, Business research project with 12 subjects.. Whereas Warwick course, which is relatively new , has only 6 subjects..
If you want to gain knowledge, you know where to head..
And Warwick has mentioned clearly in its website that the course is suited for people with non mathematical backgrounds ..If you have a quant - background, whats the point applying?

" I am speaking of Msc Management" course. CASS is undoubtedly ranked 2nd in UK and 15th worldwide..
Plus it has the London Advantage!

i thk u're right, if focuing on course struture cass is prestige
as warwick's mgn is a fairly new prog.

Latest

Trending

Trending