The Student Room Group

What are you going to do when you get your results?

Hi All,

I was just wondering what the first thing people are going to do when they look at their results.

I'm guessing...

-The people who do well will jump with joy
-The people who do poorly will cry and feel depressed
-The people who think they could have done better will start to kick themselves.

Personally, I am just going to look at them once and then sit in a corner and play Pokemon Red on Gameboy SP...:tongue:

Very weird way to act on results day but you know...I just can't be bothered with the chatting and discussing because I did not try as hard as I should have.

So is anybody else going to do anything weird or just the traditional stuff?

Discuss.

Finally, Good Luck All...:smile: :woo:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
er..... i'll be curious but thats all.
I know I'll be resitting biology, and am pretty confident about psychology. I want to know what I got in GS more than the other two!
Probably go 'hmmmm' and then go round asking everyone else what they got.
Reply 2
I will probably most likley be getting drunk with my friends :smile:
Reply 3
As in January module results next week? Probably take a look, then pretty much go back to doing whatever I was doing before. Genuinely- I'm only getting results from coursework we can redo, and a resit of an AS module I got an A in last time (don't ask- silly teacher :p:), so it won't really be that big a deal either way.
I'm prepared for the worst anyway, cause I messed up the last essay question in history (I didn't manage my time well...) so I'll get them, have my beliefs confirmed, and then come home and watch crappy daytime tv haha
Reply 5
Triditional :tongue:

Number 1 or 2.

I put enough work in so 3 does not apply :woo: Having said that, i need to re-take C3.

Good luck to everyone :biggrin:
i hope i get like one b and two c's the other 3 tests I failed for sure.
Reply 7
Either be really happy that I did good, or get really depressed that I didn't do as well as I wanted. Then I'll probably go ask everyone else what they got.
I'm quite nonchalant. I'll probably go back to my next lesson and go meh.
But then again I'd probably be disappointed if I don't get what I hope for.
I'll be feeling guilty that I will be the first person to have to resit the Psychology paper I attempted since my teachers been at my school :biggrin:
January module results are on RND so I'll be on a stage gunging teachers, post-depression.

Full on A-Levels, we're all off down the Wine Bar after :smile: and it's my friends birthday so the celebrations/commiserations will last all day.
Go about my day and, if things go bad, just organise resits. Simple as.
Reply 12
I never cry, but for my jan results last year I cried! Haha. I failed chem which I knew I would and got so much higher in Biology than I imagined. I'm not sure why I cried haha, soI'm hoping I don't cry again!
Arghhh.
*MJ*

I'm guessing...

-The people who do well will jump with joy
-The people who do poorly will cry and feel depressed
-The people who think they could have done better will start to kick themselves.

Ground-breaking stuff.
Reply 14
I want to know what everyone else got more than myself tbh :smile:

As long as I do as well as my targets, it's alright.
Reply 15
Im slightly anxious, but am looking forward to my resit results.
Well first of all I'm going to open the envelope. If I haven't got what I need then it's ok, there is always June and there is always time to improve. No need to cry about it, for heaven's sake! It's not the end of the world (yet) :tongue: If you don't get the results you want just resit the module and try your best.
Reply 17
I'll probably just discuss results with my friends; then i'll just absorb the infomation really quickly and the day after it'll be like: meh.
Tell everyone on TSR I got 4 As, regardless of whether or not I actually did.
Look at my results, hate myself for not doing as well as I should have done and continuously think about it for days on end, discuss with friends, and off to a conference revising unit 2 of Biology on results day. :yep:

Latest