The Student Room Group

Uni application

Hi there,

I'm a mature student looking to return to education in Sept. I have picked my preferred course of Comp Science and have spoken to the uni and they confirm I have enough education and experience to access the course. They told me to apply through UCAS as normal. I have filled in the forms and have posted my PS for help on this site. I have my reference coming also. My question is, am I best served by applying through UCAS or trying to apply direct to the university. It just feels as though everyone has already applied and are awaiting responses. Or am I best waiting for clearing, any guidance gratefully received :smile:
Definitely through UCAS. I would suggest looking at the courses in extra as many courses may already be full.
Reply 2
I will do thanks.
Reply 3
nisbeta
Hi there,

I'm a mature student looking to return to education in Sept. I have picked my preferred course of Comp Science and have spoken to the uni and they confirm I have enough education and experience to access the course. They told me to apply through UCAS as normal. I have filled in the forms and have posted my PS for help on this site. I have my reference coming also. My question is, am I best served by applying through UCAS or trying to apply direct to the university. It just feels as though everyone has already applied and are awaiting responses. Or am I best waiting for clearing, any guidance gratefully received :smile:
If the uni concerned has told you to apply through UCAS, that is what you have to do. Presumably they have already said they can still consider an application from you, but you might want to check that the course is showing up as being in Extra. You can do this using the course search function on UCAS.
Reply 4
Thanks, My understanding is I am unable to check extra until I have completed my UCAS application. I am still currently awaiting PS help and my reference is going to be completed once my PS is complete so the can se why I am applying also. :smile:
Reply 5
nisbeta
Thanks, My understanding is I am unable to check extra until I have completed my UCAS application. I am still currently awaiting PS help and my reference is going to be completed once my PS is complete so the can se why I am applying also. :smile:
Anyone can check what's in Extra - just go on to the UCAS website and use Course Search 2009 - there is an option to check a box 'Extra courses only', but any course that is listed which has a small 'x' beside it is supposed to be in Extra.
Reply 6
Thanks for the info, folks

Latest

Trending

Trending