The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Concept Place - Where to park your car - safely

Hi there

I'm looking at the new Concept Place accomodation and was wondering about the general safety of the close surrounding area.
I'm especially concerned about walking to and from Uni, especially in the evening when the nights are dark.
Also looking at taking my car to Leeds, not to take to Uni as i know there's not much parking there, but to use on weekends, shopping etc.
Does anyone have any advice about safe, long term parking around Concept place
Cheers
:smile:
Reply 1
Its a very safe area, Ive walked back from nights out at the uni or in town at awful hours in the morning. No problems at all, I walk to work at 4am on a sunday morning also without any problems.

Theres on road parking around the building but not much, your car will be pretty safe though because its not a bad area & its on the main Burley Rd which is always very busy.

As for Concept Place itself I would never recommend living with Unite, absolutely horrendous company out purely for profit. Stick to the Uni owned halls would be my advice.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Don't think there is any secure parking in the area - there's a council-owned car park on Burley Road just the other side of the Opal flats, but it'll probably be expensive.
I really don't think there's a lot of parking here. One of my flatmates parks on the road right on Concept place and he's got a couple of tickets.. it's not really worth it. It's safe to walk around this area as long as you are in a group of people and never on your own - it's ok walking to and from uni there are always plenty of other people walking the same direction as you from surrounding areas (as a few students live around here) and Hyde Park as well... also there are two routes to take, once it gets dark I go a slightly longer route cos it's lit better and it's absolutely fine, and I'm one of those paranoid types :smile:
kookoo_koochoo
I really don't think there's a lot of parking here. One of my flatmates parks on the road right on Concept place and he's got a couple of tickets.. it's not really worth it. It's safe to walk around this area as long as you are in a group of people and never on your own - it's ok walking to and from uni there are always plenty of other people walking the same direction as you from surrounding areas (as a few students live around here) and Hyde Park as well... also there are two routes to take, once it gets dark I go a slightly longer route cos it's lit better and it's absolutely fine, and I'm one of those paranoid types :smile:

It isn't that bad walking around there on your own! Burley Road is very busy. Hyde Park is general is slightly dodgy but never really dangerous, there are too many people about!
I'm just generally untrusting of everyone though... haha!

Latest