The Student Room Group
Yes it's possible, if not how would other people manage it?

Sorry if that sounds harsh but i'm tired :tongue:
Very much possible, I'm doing it this year and I got a C for Int 2 Physics last year (never did Standard Grade Physics)....

But this year I put more effort into it and walked away with a 77% in my Higher Physics prelim and that paper was unlike any other I've seen, so friggin' hard.

I'd say its defo possible!

I've got some nice PDF notes etc if you need them, they are extremely helpful.
Reply 3
No. Totally impossible. Don't even think about it.
Reply 4
Its more than possible, two people doing crash in my class and they work hard constantly get Bs and As passed all NABs first time etc.

If your committed you can, or if you are naturally good at physics. Otherwise forget about it.
gibby13
Just wondering if it is possible?
Got ones in biology and chemistry in fourth year and i'm doing both of them next year (doing AH Maths aswell)

Any help welcome:smile:

What town/city/village/whatever do you go to school?
Reply 6
Dundee
Higher Physics is a lot to do with manipulation of formula and remembering neat little tricks here and there to help you in a question. And unfortunately uncertainties are a big thing but they're easy. It's not a hard subject to crash in as long as you have a good grasp of maths and have a fairly good teacher.
Reply 8
I think if you concentrate and practise like hell on the problems, you should do good in it

It might be tricky in the beginning as some of the stuff is building on information from standard grade
Tbh, that's not that bad.

In my class, some have failed the prelim and got 11% for it AND they failed the unit 1 NAB, (still have to re-sit) and we haven't done the unit 2 NAB yet (we will do it this week).

And they have been doing Standard Grade Physics...

So I think you're fine... but on the other hand we did have this extremely hard paper, extremely hard...

Just keep revising and doing past paper questions and you will eventually get the hang of it.
Ah :/ That's a shame! :woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending