The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
theres a dysabliity resource centre and they are really really good at helping dyslexics (and others but one of my housemates is dyslexic which is how i know a little on that). he gets extra time in his exams..

if you have a more spacific quetsion i can ask him?

love Katy***
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
ickle_katy
theres a dysabliity resource centre and they are really really good at helping dyslexics (and others but one of my housemates is dyslexic which is how i know a little on that). he gets extra time in his exams..

if you have a more spacific quetsion i can ask him?

love Katy***

Hey, thank you! If you could that would be great.. Ive been to some uni's and they said with coursework and essays they also take into consideration dyslexia when marking. Also can you get note takers and all that?!
Lau_Ls
Hey, thank you! If you could that would be great.. Ive been to some uni's and they said with coursework and essays they also take into consideration dyslexia when marking. Also can you get note takers and all that?!

Sorry its taken so long, ive been away!

This is what the Uni Says:

Currently we support over 200 students with a range of disabilities from dyslexia to post traumatic stress disorder and various support needs from notetakers to mentors.

If you have a disability or an additional learning need we would welcome your enquiry. If you require support that is not listed below, it does not mean that it is not available. We aim to respond to individual need wherever possible.

We can provide:

One-to-one tuition for specific learning difficulties
Mentors for students with mental health problems
Access to personal care arrangements
Diagnostic tests for specific learning difficulties
Guides, readers or scribes
Access to braille versions of text
Sign language interpreters
Notetakers
Advice on Disability Benefits (Student Advice Centre)
Technical Needs Assessments for Disabled Students Allowance (only if agreed by student's LEA)

and my mate says he has stickers to put on the top of his work that says he's dyslexic and then they take it into accont when marking. He doesnt have a note taker but if he needed one he could ask for one.

hope that helps

love Katy***

Latest

Trending

Trending