The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
most of us will be stressing with exams, so i'm not sure. i'd love to help out with an open day if theres one during may week; don't think there is though
Reply 2
priya
most of us will be stressing with exams, so i'm not sure. i'd love to help out with an open day if theres one during may week; don't think there is though

Ahhhh ok fair enough, but I expect you to make Cambridge look all fun and nice and full of happy bunnies, not stressed-out exam-biatches :biggrin: :wink:
Reply 3
I'm probably going to the Trinity open day on June 28th.
Reply 4
june28th? im looong gone by then probably, only sticking around till the queens may ball which is the 21st.

raphael- you won't see the stressed out cambridge biatches, we'll all be in the library. you will however see the people who can't be bothered working/have finished exams/dont have exams *cough*history and english students*cough* wandering around taking it all in.
Reply 5
I was thinking of going to the Trinity (^ yay!), St. John's and King's open days because i don't know which i prefer, i don't know if i actually will though - on the plus side; i get to miss more school!
Reply 6
you can always wander into the porters lodges of any college and pick up a prospectus. and with colleges like johns and trinity, u can also look round most of the place, so u wont be at too much of a disadvantage if you don't manage to make the open day.
Reply 7
priya
june28th? im looong gone by then probably, only sticking around till the queens may ball which is the 21st.

raphael- you won't see the stressed out cambridge biatches, we'll all be in the library. you will however see the people who can't be bothered working/have finished exams/dont have exams *cough*history and english students*cough* wandering around taking it all in.

awwww poor non-English/history student :biggrin:

~What if I want to check out library resources? :rolleyes:
I have no idea. I guess I really should find out some dates, go an open day and decide whether or not to apply lol. Is it best to go to a faculty open day or a college one?
i think the languages faculty one has already happened sometime in march. I think its best to go to the general in the summer where you get all the talks and can see all the colleges.
Reply 10
~Raphael~
awwww poor non-English/history student :biggrin:

~What if I want to check out library resources? :rolleyes:

hmm. if stressed glares could kill, you'd be dead by the time you passed the 2nd finalist in the library
Reply 11
Richy Rich$$
i think the languages faculty one has already happened sometime in march. I think its best to go to the general in the summer where you get all the talks and can see all the colleges.

langauges one was on th 18th. however there will be plenty of opportunity to go to the sidgewick site to look round, if you're looking at the colleges nearby, e.g newnham/robinson/caius harvey court/queens. the main open days, as im sure you guys already know, are on the 7th and 8th of july.
Reply 12
I didn't go on a faculty open day - they tend to be a bit short and random, plus all the information you need is in booklet form. I went on 4 college open days though and had a quick look round some of the others. If you don't live nearby, the alternative prospectus is very good, and college prospectuses can be obtained by emailing the college admissions staff. JCR websites are also quite useful and many of them have forums so you can speak to current students. As Priya says, most college open days will take place when students have gone home, but there will be student volunteers on hand to answer your questions. I had a great time doing the Open Days last year!
Reply 13
priya

Hehe, no, because the place would be littered with May Ball preparations and aftermaths, not to mention drunk students everywhere, not the best image for the place!

Are you really going home straight after Queens' ball? Stay for the whole of May Week, it's the best!
Reply 14
is that May week then?! i thought it was before? i finish fairly early anyway so will have 2 weeks of as it is! (apart from bumps.....grrrr)
Reply 15
priya
is that May week then?! i thought it was before? i finish fairly early anyway so will have 2 weeks of as it is! (apart from bumps.....grrrr)

Yeah, the week with all the May Balls in is May Week. You have to stay.
Reply 16
ooh fair enough then :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 17
Helenia
You have to stay.

It's the law!

I'll be ****ing gone by then, I'll have been drunk on high spirits and hard spirits since the 9th.

A.
Reply 18
me too, if im not bumping. i dunno how im gonna cope with suicide sunday though....we have bcd the night before, and im sorting out our suicide sunday cocktails for the day after (which u guys HAVE to come to!) :biggrin:
Reply 19
priya
me too, if im not bumping. i dunno how im gonna cope with suicide sunday though....we have bcd the night before, and im sorting out our suicide sunday cocktails for the day after (which u guys HAVE to come to!) :biggrin:

Hehe, I'll consider that an invitation! I don't know when my exams are yet, but they'll be finished before bumps, and hopefully I'll have time for a properly decent 21st celebration before I hit my bumps drinking ban. Then once rowing is over, I'll be making up for lost time! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending