The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Postgrad Accommodation

Hey guys,

I'm going to be starting a 52 week long MSc at UCL in September all being well, and I really have no idea what I should do for accommodation.

I'm currently 21, so I could go into halls but too be honest im really not keen on the idea. I was in halls for my undergrad degree a couple of years ago, and while it was awesome I don't like the idea of doing it again and I don't expect to have alot of drinking/social time this time around (plus a very tight living budget) :frown:

So with that out the way could someone suggest the best options? From what I can tell UCL don't have any postgrad only accommodation. So I guess I can either try and find a small flat within 1-2 miles of campus or go with the UCL Student Houses, which sound pretty much like halls, just self catered :confused:

If possible I don't really want to be spending more than £180pw

Thanks alot for any advice
I know postgrads in the catered halls, International in particular, and they are right in the middle of undergraduate madness. On the other hand, I and others are in the 'houses' generally have flats consisting entirely of postgraduates, which is very quiet and quite nice as well. The private students residences, Niko or whatever and the likes, are more like undergraduate places and also cater to a lot of exchange students. Goodenough College is real nice too.

Getting a small flat or even sharing with a good group would work, but it would be more expensive and there is a good chance of getting into a student house at UCL which will fit your requirements. I am in Langton Close, it is cheap, quiet, and well located (and as mentioned, separated into postgraduate and undergraduate flats).
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Latest

Trending

Trending