The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
personality.

a "nice looking" person can become very ugly to the eye if you know them to be a complete stain. on the reverse, someone who you may not have initially thought was nice looking can become more so if you are close to them and share their opinions and experiences.
Reply 21
Its got to be looks to beging with, as if you weren't physically attracted to them then you wouldn't talk to them and all that. Though as soon as you get talking its all about personality... if they were really cute, but had nothing to talk about it would deff be a no go area
Reply 22
Looks then personality.
Reply 23
Looks up to a point where you find them sexually attractive, then personality, they dont have to be stunning, but you do have to get on with them otherwise it's never going to work, you need a certain level of both to have a relationship with someone but I would say in the long run personality is more important even if it's looks that attracted you at first! Anything above the kind of minimum requirement for looks is a bonus though and not to be sniffed at!

p.s. sorry if this has been said before!
At first sight. Obviously looks. But to keep me around, a guy's gotta have substance. Sure, u can look like Paul Walker, but if u talk like him too....u ain't gonna keep me interested for too long.
you girls got the "d*** size" response at tip of your tongues :p:
I'd go for looks sincerely
Definitely personality for me. I like smart guys, so if I get to know an attractive personality, even if they're not gorgeous looking, they can become more an more attractive to me over time, if that makes sense.[QUOTE]

i second that completely :biggrin:

and add: Humour is essential tempered with intelligence
the only looks-factor that bothers me is the eyes
Reply 28
Personality is far more important... though the "one" would have both in equally abundant amounts - physical beauty is subjective. Theres someone out there for everyone :smile:
lessthanthree
It irritates me when people go "omfg it's only personality that matters, never looks blah blah"

seriously; when you see someone in a room, you're hardly going to be dazzled by their niceness and sense of humour at twenty paces are you?

What if you don't see them in a room?
Reply 30
xbellax
EXACTLY what i was going to say :proud: :p:

I'll believe that when I see it. :rolleyes: :wink:
Reply 31
i think you have to fancy a person first but as you continue to date a person the overall outcome for me is their personality, make me laugh etc. i have dated guys that have been very attracrive but lacked personality. Through my experience i would agree that both are important.
both :biggrin: i'm not so superficial- he needs a personality too :rolleyes:
Personality all the way for me- if I fall in love with someone's personality, I begin to notice things which make them attractive to look at- it's all in the mind!
Profesh
I'll believe that when I see it. :rolleyes: :wink:

:biggrin: ok u will
Reply 35
looks, cause i no this sounds horrible but id prefer to go out with a hot person with a rubbish personallity (ps i havnt really found this, theres usally something u can find to like about every1) rather than an ugly girl with a good personallity... but if they had to good a personality i wouldnt wanna go out with them, and prefer to be friends... so looks like looks win :biggrin::biggrin:
Sam_B
looks first, then if they have a nice personality its all good :biggrin:

arent looks how u become interested in someone in the first place?

damn tru. i think everyone is gonna say looks dont matter. but regardless of their personality, no-ones gonna wanna kiss fred elliot
Reply 37
I would honestly say personality over looks. I want to talk to the person I like and 'connect' with them (sorry for the cliche), not look at them in silence, admiring their face.
Looks THEN Personality.
Obviously, thats usually why you actually meet and start talking in the first place.
The personality bit comes afterwards, and its normally the bit where people mess up a bit.
I don't really think a relationship can be successful without either though, they are both necessary.

Latest

Trending

Trending