Leicester
Visit website
Nice room, you cantell it belongs to a girl though lol! And tskk at the dishes
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Oooooo lovely room! :smile: Are you catered or self-catered? Or are the kitchens all the same in JF? Alsoooo is it nice living with just 4 other people? Or are you friends with the other flats too? Sorry...so many questions! I'm trying to choose between John Foster and GMS...:redface:
Reply 3
Necro Defain
Nice room, you cantell it belongs to a girl though lol! And tskk at the dishes

Hehe :smile: The dishes weren't mine :frown:

rosieee91
Oooooo lovely room! :smile: Are you catered or self-catered? Or are the kitchens all the same in JF? Alsoooo is it nice living with just 4 other people? Or are you friends with the other flats too? Sorry...so many questions! I'm trying to choose between John Foster and GMS...:redface:

I am catered. The self-catered and catered peeps get the same facilities, all the same kitchens and equipment. There are two flats per floor, you tend to get to know the flat opposite and you'll get to know people upstairs/downstairs too. Definately JoFo over GMS, my mate stays in GMS and hates it. Though if you don't get your application in fast after results day, you won't get a choice!
Reply 4
Lu-x
Hehe :smile: The dishes weren't mine :frown:

I am catered. The self-catered and catered peeps get the same facilities, all the same kitchens and equipment. There are two flats per floor, you tend to get to know the flat opposite and you'll get to know people upstairs/downstairs too. Definately JoFo over GMS, my mate stays in GMS and hates it. Though if you don't get your application in fast after results day, you won't get a choice!

Well that's the thing! You can register online for accommodation right now so I'm a bit confused as to how quick we have to choose so we get the accommodation we want! Argh!

Thanks for your help too!
Reply 5
rosieee91
Well that's the thing! You can register online for accommodation right now so I'm a bit confused as to how quick we have to choose so we get the accommodation we want! Argh!

Is your offer conditional or unconditional?
rosieee91

I know the process has changed this year, so im not too sure how allocations will be working but I still imagine it'll be first come first serve the same as other universities that use this system.
In which case apply asap. There is far, far more demand for John Foster than available rooms, and the whole site was generally full within a week or so in the last couple of years.
Reply 7
Lu-x
Is your offer conditional or unconditional?

Conditional, which I thought meant that we didn't apply for accommodation until results day but I got an email from the uni saying we can apply in April. :confused:
Reply 8
timetokill
I know the process has changed this year, so im not too sure how allocations will be working but I still imagine it'll be first come first serve the same as other universities that use this system.
In which case apply asap. There is far, far more demand for John Foster than available rooms, and the whole site was generally full within a week or so in the last couple of years.

Thanks, I shall! As soon as they sort out my ruddy validation code thingy. Stressful! :s-smilie:
rosieee91
Thanks, I shall! As soon as they sort out my ruddy validation code thingy. Stressful! :s-smilie:

Mine didnt work either when I was reapplying for halls :frown:
I had to wait from an email from them saying I was allowed to apply. Dont know if its the same for first time students, but might be worth emailing them and finding out just incase.

It could be the case that if you hold a conditional offer that you still might not be able to apply until after your results. Maybe only people who have unconditonal offers can apply. They havent been very clear on the accommodation policy this year.
timetokill
Mine didnt work either when I was reapplying for halls :frown:
I had to wait from an email from them saying I was allowed to apply. Dont know if its the same for first time students, but might be worth emailing them and finding out just incase.

It could be the case that if you hold a conditional offer that you still might not be able to apply until after your results. Maybe only people who have unconditonal offers can apply. They havent been very clear on the accommodation policy this year.

I knowww, I was so confused this morning when I came on here to hear people talking about applying for accommodation!

I got an email from them saying I could apply in April and that they're trying to sort out my validation thingy. So hopefully everything will be fine soon!
rosieee91
I knowww, I was so confused this morning when I came on here to hear people talking about applying for accommodation!

I got an email from them saying I could apply in April and that they're trying to sort out my validation thingy. So hopefully everything will be fine soon!

I dont know why they changed it to be honest, it worked perfectly well before- the only reason they had trouble was because they were accepting more students than they had rooms but still guarenteeing accommodation. Sillyness.

Good luck anyway, im sure it'll all be fine :smile:
Reply 12
see this page, I think you can only apply for accomodation now if you have firmly accepted a unconditional or conditional offer. If you haven't accepted then you apply after being accepted and if it is an insurance then you can't apply until after results day. Anyways get in ASAP
Lu-x
Room shapes vary. I have the L-shaped ensuite room, sharing a 4 person flat.

hey nice pics
really helpful thank you
also is that what permuim Plus ensuite looks like of just premium ensuite
or are they the same just in diff buildings?
Reply 14
diorbaby1687
hey nice pics
really helpful thank you

Sorry I have no idea. They have changed the way they classify the rooms. When I applied it was just ensuite or not, none of this premium malarkey :rolleyes:
diorbaby1687
hey nice pics
really helpful thank you

Premium + Ensuite are what the photos above are- they are from the pavillions at John Foster.

Premium ensuite is slightly different. Whilst essentially its still an ensuite, the bathroom will be a little different. Premium ensuite for example is what a room in the Coppice is specified as. They are different buildings :smile:

John Foster pavillions are all Premium + ensuite rooms as above.
Reply 16
timetokill
Premium + Ensuite are what the photos above are- they are from the pavillions at John Foster.

Premium ensuite is slightly different. Whilst essentially its still an ensuite, the bathroom will be a little different. Premium ensuite for example is what a room in the Coppice is specified as. They are different buildings :smile:

John Foster pavillions are all Premium + ensuite rooms as above.

oo I see. Tbh I'm not as keen on the Coppice ensuite, they remind me of a slightly larger version of aeroplane toilets :p:
Lu-x
oo I see. Tbh I'm not as keen on the Coppice ensuite, they remind me of a slightly larger version of aeroplane toilets :p:

Haha thats more or less exactly what I've said to people about them. They look like two port-a-loos have been shoved together :eek:
Reply 18
In the process of applying for accomodation, and really interested in John Foster self catered halls.

Was wonmdering though whether there is a big difference between premium en-suite and premium+ ensuite rooms? and is fo what would they be?

Latest

Trending

Trending