The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scholarship Question

Hey all,

I'm in the process of applying for a scholarship at St Andrews, but I'm stuck at the part where you fill in your parents' financial details. Do I need to include my dad's details even though I don't live with him? It would make more sense just to include my mum's, as that's what I'll be using for the main finance application (tuition fees, maintenance loans, etc.)

Any help would be very gratefully received, as the deadline is in a week!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Call them up and they will advise, The person you need to speak to is Alice Carradice (not sure if that is the correct spelling) It will all depend on how you are actually supported. They are friendly so just call or email, good luck.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Thank you! I've sent an email, so am just waiting for a reply.
Reply 3
I was wondering if anyone already got any news concerning the Scholarships? I believe they said the decitions would be made by the end of April.
Reply 4
I didn't hear about my scholarship until 14th July last year, so you may have to wait a while before they actually tell you. Best of luck :wink:
Reply 5
They put back the deadline for applying for them so I'm guessing that means that we will find out later as well.
Reply 6
Oh I am glad I'm not the only one who hasn't heard anything! I just emailed the about it though ... did anyone get a confirmation email or anything saying their application was recieved?
Reply 7
I haven't heard thing since i filled in the application form :smile:
Reply 8
andi2036
Oh I am glad I'm not the only one who hasn't heard anything! I just emailed the about it though ... did anyone get a confirmation email or anything saying their application was recieved?

Nope, no confirmation letter.
Reply 9
Yeh i never got a confirmation letter so i phoned to check if they had it and they did but not heard anythin since.
Reply 10
The Scholarships Administrator emailed me back saying it was received and will be reviewed in the next few weeks, we should all know by mid-May :smile:
Reply 11
Dear Applicant
I write to say that the Selection Committee has considered your application for a financial needs-based scholarship. Unfortunately I have to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.

:frown:
Reply 12
Commiserations!
Btw does anybody know if they are only giving out scholarships based on your financial situation or do they also award scholarships for educational achievements?
Reply 13
You apply for two seperately. The one i got rejected for was a needs-based one, I havent bothered applying for academic ones because theres no chance of me winning one.
Reply 14
Oxy
Dear Applicant
I write to say that the Selection Committee has considered your application for a financial needs-based scholarship. Unfortunately I have to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.

:frown:

Doh, unlucky! :frown:
Do you feel you deserve one? You may well be successful if you appeal.
Reply 15
M_E_X
Doh, unlucky! :frown:
Do you feel you deserve one? You may well be successful if you appeal.

Well i wouldnt consider my situation as that bad, its just my parents arent really willing to give me any money. So I guess ill have to stuggle and find a job!
Reply 16
I was on holiday when i got the email about the scholarship and when i got back i just forgot all about it, is it too late to apply now or did it depend when you accepted St Andrew's as your first choice?
Reply 17
Natalie :D
I was on holiday when i got the email about the scholarship and when i got back i just forgot all about it, is it too late to apply now or did it depend when you accepted St Andrew's as your first choice?

If u got the email fill it in as soon as u can, i think the deadline is soon.
Reply 18
Oxy
If u got the email fill it in as soon as u can, i think the deadline is soon.

I still have the email but the link to the form doesn't work, i was taking that to mean that the deadline has passed but other people seem to have longer to do theirs?
Reply 19
Natalie :D
I still have the email but the link to the form doesn't work, i was taking that to mean that the deadline has passed but other people seem to have longer to do theirs?

Email the scholarship department they should be able to help and get you a form to fill in

Latest

Trending

Trending