The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
TessVW
Hey all, how many people are heading to sutton bonington (hopefully) in September?
Have people applied for accomodation etc yet?

me me meeeeee, i'm doing microbiololgy, whatabout yooou?
i've applied for accomodation too, bit apprehensive about living in basically..a field. paha
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
sssjay
me me meeeeee, i'm doing microbiololgy, whatabout yooou?
i've applied for accomodation too, bit apprehensive about living in basically..a field. paha

:biggrin: i'm doing agriculture, with a gang of boys by the looks of it!
yeah i've just applied for accomodation too, just got loooads of forms emailed to me.
I'm defo taking my car so we can get from the middle of nowhere to somewere :top:
I've got an offer for Veterinary, and just put it as my firm choice.

While SB is quite far out, the campus community seems really good and the free shuttle busses into the centre sound useful.
Reply 4
TessVW
:biggrin: i'm doing agriculture, with a gang of boys by the looks of it!
yeah i've just applied for accomodation too, just got loooads of forms emailed to me.
I'm defo taking my car so we can get from the middle of nowhere to somewere :top:

eeep ! at least you've found other people doing your course...looks like i might be the only one in my class arhh !
oh god ALL them forms are just ridiculous. i filled them all out last year then decided i wanted a gap year so i've got to do it all again. bad times.
hahah good idea, i think you will be befriended by many a people if you bring a car :biggrin: !
ahh s'not long now ! what type of accom did you apply for?
Reply 5
OllyH
I've got an offer for Veterinary, and just put it as my firm choice.

While SB is quite far out, the campus community seems really good and the free shuttle busses into the centre sound useful.

congrats on the vet offers!

yeah, i agree about SB. Such a nice atmosphere there and I like how everyone seems to know each other.
Reply 6
sssjay
eeep ! at least you've found other people doing your course...looks like i might be the only one in my class arhh !
oh god ALL them forms are just ridiculous. i filled them all out last year then decided i wanted a gap year so i've got to do it all again. bad times.
hahah good idea, i think you will be befriended by many a people if you bring a car :biggrin: !
ahh s'not long now ! what type of accom did you apply for?

well isn't long! I applied for the ensuite room, i think i would've been happy with any of the rooms though, they were all nice! How about you?
TessVW
well isn't long! I applied for the ensuite room, i think i would've been happy with any of the rooms though, they were all nice! How about you?

How did you apply? Did you get sent forms or did you just sign up with opal?

I've only just accepted my offer so I imagine we should be getting some stuff in the post soon. Though we already had one letter in which the vet schools sent us all fridge magnets saying "I've got an offer at nottingham vet school" :tongue:
Reply 8
OllyH
How did you apply? Did you get sent forms or did you just sign up with opal?

I've only just accepted my offer so I imagine we should be getting some stuff in the post soon. Though we already had one letter in which the vet schools sent us all fridge magnets saying "I've got an offer at nottingham vet school" :tongue:

We didn't get a magnet :O!

I put nottingham as my firm choice, then i went on the nottingham website and found the accomodation bit and you like apply online and pick what room you'd like. Then a couple of weeks later Opal emailed me all the forms.

I think you can apply using that portal thing too.

Still got to fill in all the forms!
Just applied for my accomodation. I put Single Study as my first choice. :smile:
Reply 10
just got my room number!! Just got to get the grades now :O
Reply 11
I'll be living at Park Campus but coming to SB for some lectures. I'm doing Environmental Science and its the only bioscience course not based at SB. Hopefully it is still a smoothly run course.
Reply 12
TessVW
just got my room number!! Just got to get the grades now :O

eeep i just got mine this morning ! what letter are you? i'm in I ! nearest the bar i hear :biggrin:
Reply 13
heyy,

i'm waiting to hear if i've got in for nutrition in sept..it's based at sutton bonnington but i've found out there's no places left at SB halls!!! So i'll have to live in the centre...is anyone else having to do that??
lily72
heyy,

i'm waiting to hear if i've got in for nutrition in sept..it's based at sutton bonnington but i've found out there's no places left at SB halls!!! So i'll have to live in the centre...is anyone else having to do that??

Where did you find out that there were no places left?
I imagine living in the centre would be doable since there is a regular shuttle bus from the city campuses.

To anyone else whose got their room numbers, where are you? I'm in H8C in Normanton. :smile:
Reply 15
I checked on the notts accomodation site...said SB and a couple of other halls are completely full :frown: I live in notts anyway, but wanting to live in halls cos it's more sociable etc. just dunno where to go now!
Reply 16
wait a minute just looked again..i completely mis-read that, there are still places wahey!!
lily72
wait a minute just looked again..i completely mis-read that, there are still places wahey!!

I thought that was a bit odd, since SB pretty much garuntees places to everyone studying there.
Reply 18
sssjay
eeep i just got mine this morning ! what letter are you? i'm in I ! nearest the bar i hear :biggrin:

I think i'm in M - no idea where that is?!
Reply 19
Hey ive made Notts my firm choice for this year and was wondering if you guys have enjoyed living on SB campus .. im thinking about living on the main campus just because I think socials are better.. is it worth travelling 30 minutes everyday from University Park to SB everyday? and what are the bus services like. Sorry about all the questions!

Latest

Trending

Trending