The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i did something like this last year...it took me about 2 weeks work of economics lessons but I dont remmember much about it tbh.
Reply 2
np, I worte an introduction and , outlineing the arguments , I just wanted some more help to make sure I had structured it corectly
If it were me I'd just write about the cost of policing drunken behaviour, drink driving, cost on NHS etc but also that it may give private enjoyment and that it has price inelastic demand so can gain a lot of tax revenue for the government which can be hypothecated into the original problem or spent else where.
Oh right, and structure.
Well if its long have an intro, but I don't usually care for such things, pros, cons, maybe a few statistics from tutor2u, I don't know if there are any (I'll have a look for you in a minute) and then a conclusion, stuff like 'it depends on' maybe if the society was older they may be more responsible and how large punishments are for serving under age drinkers, and maybe a judgement

Generates revenue for the Government through tax.

Drunken behaviour costs the NHS millions each year.

Services such as the police, ambulance crews & maybe fire crews are taken up due to drunken behaviour.

Drink driving can cost lives (innocent bystanders).

Those are just a few points. charlottehoney has pretty much given you good advice already. Just ask if you need more help. :smile:
But then again, if you think about prohibition in America, it cost a lot more to police the illegal use of it and the organised crime it created. And people ended up going blind or whatever from the home made booze so would have cost health services more. Interesting...
Reply 7
I got to Thank You very much , I should easily get this outlined and finished. if you want help in the econmic group am strong on Europe and Fiscal Studies in September am off to do EConomics a Macro Outlook at UNi, so could help more.
BananaManUK
I got to Thank You very much , I should easily get this outlined and finished. if you want help in the econmic group am strong on Europe and Fiscal Studies in September am off to do EConomics a Macro Outlook at UNi, so could help more.

Join the Economics society. :smile:

See my signature for details.
Reply 9
Remember to relate negative social impact discussions to negative externalities, and PMC/SMC diagrams.

In this way, you will include more credit-worthy economic theory than social commentary.

Rob

Latest

Trending

Trending