The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Well they have a university bus which will take you to Leeds University and Leeds Metropolitan University.

When I went I walked from the station to the campus, I recommend it as you see much of the city that way.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Can walk it in like 20 mins, or get the Free City Bus which is ummm free, get off by leeds met, and it's just round the corner.
Reply 3
theronkinator
Can walk it in like 20 mins, or get the Free City Bus which is ummm free, get off by leeds met, and it's just round the corner.

Do you know if its a particular bus or any free city bus?
grace_xo

free city bus, it stops right outside the station - its normally quite busy, so be prepared to wait but there every 10 minutes so don't panic LOL hope you enjoy it
grace_xo

It says 'Free City Bus' on it and is directly outside the station, when you're in the main bit you'll see a burger king directly across from you, the bus is directly behind that outside, it's every 5 minutes from 6am till 8pm I think.
There is a free bus or you can get the 95 from outside the station to outside the uni :smile:
The 95 is pretty regular. Ask for the university steps. It's £1.10, I think.
Reply 8
I would get on the one to Bodington Hall (95/96 I can't remember which) as that will take you to the Parkinson steps, avoid getting lost in Leeds center and all :smile:
Reply 9
The free city bus stops right at the back end of the University near the medical dentistry bits, when I went to my open day last year I got completely lost and ended up being late!!

Even now i'm at Leeds Uni, I still have no idea how to get to that bus stop.

The safe option would be to get the 95 from the rail station (it'll say Bodington Hall) and ask to go to the Parkinson Steps. If your going back to the station that day, it may be cheaper to get a Day Rider for 3 pounds, but that depends on your day really.

The bus stop for the 95 is quite simple as well. You literally walk out of the station out of the exit where paperchase and M+S are, cross the first road you come to, and its the bus stop on the second bit of pavement.

As for where to get off, the Parkinson building is really easy to spot! You honestly would not be able to miss it. :smile:
Free city bus is much easier to get off by leeds met, then you just turn the corner and see the Parkinson building.

TBH it's really easy to walk within 20 mins ,that's what I do, all you do is walk out the station and go straight forwards, past millenium square, you git a big massive main road, turn left and follow that straight to the uni.

Here (at the bit with the box you can go either way, I tend to go left through Millenium Square as it's a bit nicer):
http://i44.tinypic.com/1448vwo.jpg

Reply 11
I walked when I went to a departmental open day last week. The uni was well signposted and it was a short pleasant walk.
Reply 12
You can walk - about 20 minutes. Its slightly up hill but its a gradual incline.

Or you can get the bus - there is the free one but it can be busy and doesn't go directly to the uni so I'd get the 95 which will say 'Bodington Hall'.

When you get through the ticket barriers walk straight forward and then out the doors at the front, to the left of Burger King.

You then want Stand S10 - its on the otherside of the road to the station. Then get on the bus and ask for the University Steps and get off outside the main Building, by the steps - with the tower.

http://www.wymetro.com/NR/rdonlyres/0EA4CDD7-7ED2-41BA-84F0-2124BC9DE523/0/LeedsWTCYBmapguide.pdf

If you want more info, just ask.
I'd recommend getting the 95 bus, as mentioned above.
Or a taxi would be about £5.
Reply 14
Thanks for all your help guys! Managed not to get lost!
Haha, good... hope you enjoyed your day.
grace_xo
Thanks for all your help guys! Managed not to get lost!

But you've not told us which of the many options you did!
Reply 17
theronkinator
But you've not told us which of the many options you did!

Hahah, I walked! And found morrisons on the way. :woo:
I didnt see any of the free city buses? lol.
grace_xo
Hahah, I walked! And found morrisons on the way. :woo:
I didnt see any of the free city buses? lol.

Yeah walking is probably the easiest way, did you use my super amazing map? The free city bus is every 5 mins outside the station, just a normal single decker bus, but it says free city bus all over it, it's the first stop by burger king.
Do you know, I go to Leeds and have never seen a free city bus! :s-smilie:

Latest