The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Chewwy
whatever dude i know you are an avid reader of the student newspapers. plus you must've seen the mural depicting the events..

It wouldn't have been in student newspapers because term had ended at that point. It was in the national press and I only saw because someone linked it in Camchat.
It was in the student newspapers, i think - only because i rmember owen having a whole load of hassle over it for something newspaper-y... If so it was in the mayweek editions. National newspapers don't tend to relate stuff like that, unless they're found it in tcs or varisty first...
Or unless the guy selling it to the papers is a total prick. And yes it was in the student press.
Reply 23
Yep, it was in TCS' may week edition, and is still relatively well known among the Suicide Sunday crowd - drinking societies etc. Also pretty well known at my college as she managed to hit one of the girls here.
Ah ok. I only read Varsity that week, and they had a pretty fluffy magazine thing instead of a paper.
Reply 25
Student newspapers, national press, etc.

I don't understand how they could cancel suicide sunday - if they wanted to then they'd have to have a concerted effort not to allow any garden parties over the whole of the university. A huge amount of effort that would see the students probably getting hammered in the streets in protest.

Punting, with bottles of bubbly, in suits, at 7:30 am, still drunk from the night before... Then Crescents. Then lots of passing out, and then cindies. Huge.

Wyverns is overrated - I don't need anyone pissing into my booze thank you very much.
Reply 26
They had candy floss last year though. Vodka redbull + candyfloss. The idea alone gives you diabetes.
SunderX
The idea alone gives you diabetes.

Lol.
Reply 28
Chewwy
whatever dude i know you are an avid reader of the student newspapers. plus you must've seen the mural depicting the events..

Ha ha. Is it really big, still? I saw it kick off. Some funny ****.
it never was big, aside from the national press being stupid about it. nobody i know ever really cared, or neccessarily knew...
Reply 30
Surely suicide sunday is impossible to ban or cancel, as it isn't a single event, just a day when everyone decides to get drunk, short of banning alcohol then it's impossible to stop.
paneity
Surely suicide sunday is impossible to ban or cancel, as it isn't a single event, just a day when everyone decides to get drunk, short of banning alcohol then it's impossible to stop.

Various of the Suicide Sunday events take place on college property; this property could be made unavailable. But yeah, the only difference this year AFAIK is that the Wyverns are no longer allowed to use Trinity Old Fields.

Latest