The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ali M
very bored at durham, queens campus is ****, course is incredibly dull and easy and i want to move away from home.. i could go on but they are the main reasons.

what couse you doing at durham?
Reply 21
130ss
what couse you doing at durham?

Accounting and Finance.

it's not so much the contents of each module, rather the way it is taught and presented.
Reply 22
Martyn1989
Its not enough. You need to become anorexic.

Really? OWKAY.
Wow, impressive! I can just about manage 5lbs in a week, but that's because I'm lazy and don't exercise enough. Just be careful not to lose too much! Although if you're really overweight, weight loss is easier at first, which means you'll probably even out eventually. Good on you for being so good at the gym though, I'm jealous!
Ali M
Really? OWKAY.

Shut up fool. The man is right.
Reply 25
Out of your choices. i would go kings.. cass is overrated.. i know some people that go there and hate it
Reply 26
I lost over a stone in a week, without exercise.

... I had the flu and was really sick.
Water weight.
4lbs a week loss is not healthy, whether you're obese or not.

Aim for 2lbs a week and you won't be disappointed. You won't carry on losing 5lbs+ every week - when you're obese, it will come off quickly to begin with, but it does slow down significantly.

The slower you lose it, the more permanent it will be. And the longer your body has to recover from being overworked - your skin will also need time to recover.
Reply 29
Joanna May
Wow, impressive! I can just about manage 5lbs in a week, but that's because I'm lazy and don't exercise enough. Just be careful not to lose too much! Although if you're really overweight, weight loss is easier at first, which means you'll probably even out eventually. Good on you for being so good at the gym though, I'm jealous!

Thanks, good luck in your ventures too!

i just keep telling myself that everytime i try and fail, and i don't think i have the mental strength to motivate myself again after this time, so it really is now or never.. i have no problem going to the gym anymore.. i kinda look forward to it.

Plus, being this overweight, in a city like london.. ill struggle. nows the time it seems..
Reply 30
130ss
Out of your choices. i would go kings.. cass is overrated.. i know some people that go there and hate it

im aware that cass is pretty overrated.. kings looks like its the place for me
Reply 31
AwesomePetal
Water weight.

Actually, no. my body water % was 51.5% last week, and this week it is 54.3%..
Reply 32
Ilora-Danon
4lbs a week loss is not healthy, whether you're obese or not.

Aim for 2lbs a week and you won't be disappointed. You won't carry on losing 5lbs+ every week - when you're obese, it will come off quickly to begin with, but it does slow down significantly.

The slower you lose it, the more permanent it will be. And the longer your body has to recover from being overworked - your skin will also need time to recover.

the minimum i want to maintain is 3lbs a week..
Ali M
i never put 2 o's in it :P

thanks!

not you. other people/

:moo:
Ali M
the minimum i want to maintain is 3lbs a week..
Why, when you know that medical professionals say that a loss of over 2lbs a week is unhealthy?

I understand what it's like to be unhappy with your weight, but nothing is more important than your health.
Reply 35
Ilora-Danon
Why, when you know that medical professionals say that a loss of over 2lbs a week is unhealthy?

I understand what it's like to be unhappy with your weight, but nothing is more important than your health.

when it is purelely body fat, why is it unhealthy? i think its google time for me :P
Ali M
when it is purelely body fat, why is it unhealthy? i think its google time for me :P
Rapid weight loss can have a detrimental effect on your health. Google it. I haven't got time - I've got to go on the cross trainer. :tongue:
Ali M
i am expecting this and won't be disheartened if it is the case.. i want to maintain a constant loss of 4lbs a week.. it will get harder but im prepared

Well your doing really well already. Im about a stone overweight and its SO stubborn, espeically as girls are designed to have fat. Im introducing more exersise now so hopefully itll start to show.
Reply 38
ijustlovetolearn
Well your doing really well already. Im about a stone overweight and its SO stubborn, espeically as girls are designed to have fat. Im introducing more exersise now so hopefully itll start to show.

just controll your calories and in particular your fats, and you should be fine..
Ali M
just controll your calories and in particular your fats, and you should be fine..

For someone at your weight a lot could be due to fluid retention, and youve probably got a lot less in your stomach than you are used to. I lost 1 st 2 pounds in the first week of my diet and couldnt keep going at that rate. By the end i was down to 4 pounds a week (15 and a half stone to 11 and a half stone) - 6'2

Despite your fat loss probably being way less than a stone its undeniably a good start though. Just dont expect to keep going a stone a week.

Latest