The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 1
JUSTME1
how far is the university from the train station.

Also is it easy to find your way from the train station to the uni.

It's 12 minutes according to Google Maps, 0.6 miles.

To your second question, yes. You can get directions from the university to the train station on google maps.
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
its quite easy to get to the uni from the station, there's the usual town centre signposts, its basically straight down from the station. using google maps will get confusing really, try the uni site?
Reply 3
thanks
Reply 4
I did this when I went an open day there, I think it took about 15mins. Its quite esay to find the way there from signposts. I think there is also a free bus that stops near the station and will go to the uni.
Reply 5
joshp1407
its quite easy to get to the uni from the station, there's the usual town centre signposts, its basically straight down from the station. using google maps will get confusing really, try the uni site?

I found it quite easy to follow, although I am from Hudds myself so that's probably why.
Reply 6
FCUtdWill
I found it quite easy to follow, although I am from Hudds myself so that's probably why.

yeah but with street names and the openness of town centres the directions are bizarre :P
Reply 7
joshp1407
yeah but with street names and the openness of town centres the directions are bizarre :P

Fair enough, I don't think it's that complicated, once you know your way it's all good.
Reply 8
i don't have enough attention to pay attention to a map :tongue:
Reply 9
joshp1407
i don't have enough attention to pay attention to a map :tongue:

Haha :biggrin:

Just follow the signs from the uni campus then. :p:
Reply 10
is it true the bus station is closer
Reply 11
JUSTME1
is it true the bus station is closer

Not by much.
Reply 12
The Uni is pretty easy to find from the station. When I first went I headed straight downhill from the station, turned right and followed the road round until I saw the uni. 10-15 minutes max. As Kiara says though there is the free town bus that goes from the station to across the road from the uni.
Reply 13
A lot of the signposts point the wrong way though, helpfully.

Easiest route is this:

Come out of the station, fight your way across St George's Square (they're renovating it so follow the pedestrian route the signs specify) and turn right when you're on the main road - you'll see McDonalds on your left a bit further up.

Keep going, this road becomes pedestrianised. There is a road which crosses the pedestrianised section, turn left at this point and you're heading towards the Piaza and the market. There are some steps down near the far entrance to the market. Go down the stairs, cross the ring road (Queensgate) at the traffic lights and you're there.

There are variations and shortcuts including a diversion through the Packhorse Shopping Centre, but this is probably the easier way to describe.
Reply 14
depending on what route you take too, it can take a lot less than 15 minutes. unless you're a really slow walker.
Reply 15
I don't think it took me 15 minutes to walk from Uni to the station with all of my kit (all 5 bags of it)!
Reply 16
it's only ever taken me 15 minutes if i've got distracted by a shop on my way there!
Reply 17
I attended an open day at the beginning of this year...it's about a 10 minute walk from the train station to the uni...& when you've done it once...it's easy!! Some great shops to visit on the way too....just incase you get lost lol
Reply 18
yehh
i went on train from my home
and the train station is literally a walk from the uni
so quite close
its straight through town and you cant miss the station as it looks like an old fashioned library =]
Reply 19
From the Uni. it's about five minutes.

Best to stick to the roads that person said above before taking shortcuts though.

Latest